The Big Chill Is Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Chill Is Back

So say's the weather people. Is it good for your business? Or just good for -------------{what do you like ?}Myself,I mostly like it in Mississippi.

Re: The Big Chill Is Back

32 below zero here this morn. Almost built a fire in the fireplace, but decided to go shopping instead. :smile old: ( Really, I did)

Comment

t shirt and ac on. did some digging for a sewer repair and a miserable stoppage. glad it was only mid 70's today.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        t shirt and ac on. did some digging for a sewer repair and a miserable stoppage. glad it was only mid 70's today.

rick.
        There's always something. No place is perfect.

Water shortages, drought, land slides, 117 degrees in the shade in summer and forest fires.

Fortunately there's pretty women everywhere. (almost)

Comment

rick.

Laugh now, but if your drought continues you will be asking some of us to send some of our ice.

3 deg this morning the old 7.3 fired up with no help. I never plug it in.

I going to hate the day when I have to retire my truck. They just don't make them like it anymore.

I was @ HD & Lowes this weekend I noticed they both were out of 1/2" & 3/4" CPVC , but they had plenty of copper.

I guess there is going to be a lot of unhappy customers this week.

Comment

Wouldn't pex be the best freeze tolerant material? Seems like cpvc and copper will crack fairly easy in freezing weather.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

You've got my vote for PEX.... we had a problem here about six or so years ago with fractured copper. The replacement PEX seems okay, although we made some signicant changes in the run to keep it in a more insulated and heated area.

Here in NY's southern tier it was minus-5 last night. Right now it is at 1-degree and the high today is expected to be 4-degrees.

The one joy of living here is that the weather changes rather quickly; the saying is that "if you don't like the weather... wait a minute!" Last summer was the warmest on record for us here and this winter it has been the coldest in about twenty years. (I can handle the cold a lot better than the heat though.)

CWS

Comment

Wouldn't pex be the best freeze tolerant material? Seems like cpvc and copper will crack fairly easy in freezing weather.

Rick.

Yes, PEX is the best freeze tolerate material, but the only reason my plumber installs it for me is because I supply all the material & tools & sometimes the labor.

I have about 2,000 ft. of 3/4, 500 ft. of 1/2 & about $5,000.00 in fittings in stock ( I have more PEX stock than any supply house around here), so we have it install when ever it makes sense.

As far as freezing pipes all you have to do around here keep them out of the exterior walls & crawl spaces & you never have any problems unless you lose your heat.

Just re-did bathroom with my plumber that was just remodeled wrong.

The supply lines were in a exterior 2 X 4 wall.

All they had to do was use a tub that drained opposite of what they installed.

It was very easy for us to correct the previous contractor's mistake.

It was a three pc. tub over an unfinished basement.

One day I will figure out how to post pictures & I will post pics. I have of a house we re-did.

That the exterior wall rotted out from the inside out, because the supply lines froze & crack in the exterior wall & they just let it leak.

What a mess that house was.

Comment

No Northern Calif. water for L ! We need it !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                  X