Clear All

Re: Evolution of Democracy

To anyone. What are the 8 CINs?

Comment

?

Comment

Over and over, different articles state to the effect that "The FCC has identified 8 Critical Information Needs (CINs) of the American public...."

Yet these "CINs" are never listed. If I read correctly, they already have been identified. This new "study" is NOT to establish them, but rather to see if they are being met and/or what to do to enforce them.

So the CINs are done, but what are they?

Comment

I'm sure that the fair and equitable news must not challenge or embarrass the administration would be an unspoken critical information need.
          That would change depending on the party in power, and slant of the news network. I find the mere thought of such questions a insult to the free press.

Comment

It all screams of a waste of Taxpayer money and an invasion into the freedom of press thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
              It all screams of a waste of Taxpayer money and an invasion into the freedom of press thus far.
              Bob, that might prove to be true or not, but the fact that other News networks did not report it is disturbing. I can only compare this to a parent who refuses to be critical or their child or hold them responsible for their blunders. When we pick sides and blindly support that side and their agenda we end up with this economy! The democrats and republicans got us here because when each was in power their supporters did not hold them to the proper standard. President Obama and the FCC should have much better things to do than investigate or intimidate the free press. Our problems as a nation are far greater than the liberal or conservative slant on the news or what is worthy or reporting. I don't need Fox NEws, or CNN and the rest to alarm me, or put me at ease. I know the entitlements are unsustainable, the full time good paying jobs are not available, inflation is unchecked. I see within my own family the waste of money and time on electronics, the disconnect with current events that will impact them for years to come. Yes, the sky is falling because it does not matter whether we get more of the same come next Presidential election, only a dreamer could expect meaningful change for the better. Black man, White woman, middle age White man, the bottom line is that by the time they are in a position to run for President they are no longer able to do what needs to be done.
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 02-20-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Frank,

Once again you are trying to make something out of nothing. Did you read that document? Apparently you subscribe to the overtly-conservative view that the government has NO right to inquire about anything. Sad that you know nothing of history, because it is that kind of attitude that brought the Nazi's to power and almost every other black period in the history of human kind. The government, OUR government is supposed to be a freely-elected voice of the people... it isn't a bunch of evil, jack-booted thugs (at least at this point). It certainly would be with the likes of the Tea Party followers though and a completely Republican dominated state. You believe only what you hear on the Fox list of important events that they wish you to believe and then like a good little follower you tell the rest of us that WE are closed minded. Give me a break!

You accuse ME of being closed minded, when I find you about the most closed minded person on this forum. You are constantly the originator of negative-political posts, whether it is the economy or whatever. Everything with you is under question and you absolutely refuse to recognize anyone's answers to anything, yet you very rarely offer any of your own. THEN you accuse anyone who you oppose as being "closed minded"..... when you are no doubt the most closed minded person on the forum, only seeing the negatives of almost every subject.

Then you go further in your narrow-mindedness by putting down any "Thanks" that others may offer... but none of us, have done the same to you and your like who gladly pat each other on the back.

I've watched Fox News, and frankly it turns my stomach.... you don't have to eat $hit to know that it's $****, the problem is that those dedicated to that watching do so because it feeds their conspiritorial little worlds. Frank, I have no doubt that I know more about national and world political events, history, economics, military situations, and overall events than you either do or care to do. YOU above all, have no business calling me or anyone else "closed-minded".

CWS

Comment

The magical 8 CINs? Anyone?

Comment

Let me understand you CWS, because I include Fox NEws in the news programs I watch in order hear about issues not covered on liberal networks, I am a closed minded nazi. Well that's a good example of how closed minded you truly are and how little you know about oppression and history. I suppose all us Fox viewers should be rounded up for questioning and put onto a grand list of subversives?
                    I don't know what I was thinking to challenge a man with your vast knowledge, forgive me. Just to recap, I voted for President OBama as a trick to divert attention away from my ultra conservative roots. I was called a liberal on this Forum for speaking out againt President Bush.
                    Now because I express my opinion that liberal networks do not cover all the news and most certainly anything objective to the President...
                    I am the one who is closed minded, not you. It is unfortunate that with all your knowledge you have been unable to connect the dots and form your own opinions, deduct some greater understanding of what is happening now and with different administrations over the last forty to fifty years. Liberal networks will not denounce the failed policies of President Obama just as Fox News did little when President Bush was in office.
                    This nazi is done with you and your refusal to take off the blinders in favor of hurling insults. I know the sky is falling and you have a bridge to sell me. What's next? Gonna call me a pedophile? The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand, "Reel'in in the Years".

Comment

O Frank have you taken your pills today as you sound like your going over the top again and you know the men in the white cloths will be coming for you I couldn`t live in a country where I see a conspiracy around every corner I trust my government to do the right thing but I have the right to vote them out or in every three years that why its called a democracy Frank but evidently you don`t trust yours????????????????

Tony

Comment

Ahh Frank,

Your reading comprehension seems to be so lacking at times.... nobody called YOU a Nazi. What I said was "it is that kind of attitude that brought the Nazi's to power" and that is the truth of history. In the time leading up to that terrible period, the government was made out to be the major problem with the county. The ultra conservatives spun their tales of national pride and the evils of the central government and that all the wrongs of their failing society was the fault of the present government. Then, just as now, we had an ever growing conservative view that it was the liberals that were the fault, it was the liberals that took from the rich elite of society and gave to those who were lazy and enept, and all those "less than worthy". And it was then that the ultra-conservatives, the rich of that that society, the industrialists who would rather keep all their riches to themselves took control of the news and peddled their own take on current affairs. They condemned and vilified those who didn't have.... and among those demonized (just as now) were the liberals, the unions, the poor, the mentally ill, and those members of society who did not represent the continued growth of the upper classes and the aristocracy. Among those condemned, were the intellectuals, the unionists, the educators, and any group not directly supporting of the conservative white, well-to-do, base of the country.

Sound familiar? Yep, there were a lot of people back in that time who were crying about the sky is falling, we can't afford this and we can't support that... and it is the government that can't be trusted. And the Nazi's loved it all... for they could say and do and carry about their intrigues of subversive propaganda and government oversight or action was paralized because those on right had the people believing that it was the government that was wrong.

And what happened, once the ultra conservatives came to power? They quickly took control in the name of national security and national pride! The average German citizen loved it for they now got what they thought was justice. Unions were completely banned, their leaders jailed, and often found convicted of crimes against the state. Then came under scrutiny, anyone who thought differently, those members of opposition political parties, religions, and any group or even individual who by actions, speech, writing, or just verbal thought, expressed liberal beliefs. Soon gone were the artists, the supporters of charitable endeavors, and any individual not deemed loyal to "the Fatherland". Your business was confiscated, you were fired, and you may loose your home or be beaten up in the streets by the 'brown shirts'.

Those people who in previous years constrantly cried, "that the sky was falling" weren't Nazis, they simply fed into the propaganda of the ultra-conservatives, the Fox New's of the time. They believed that progressive thinking was wrong, that liberals were the scourge of the problem, and that only the rich and the industrial elite of society were the good and deserving; and that everyone else were just society's leeches. The results of that was the one of the darkest histories of mankind's existance.... and here we are today, repeating an awful lot of the politically devisive thinking of that period.

But the bottom line is that you won't change your mind, or your beliefs. You'll continue to look for things that prove your point and like so many believers you'll seach out those places that will offer that to you; and when you find something like this litte tidbit, you'll splash it on the forum as it might prove your point. And I admit that I look for things to prove your point too, though I certainly don't do it aggresively as it's just such a waste of time. There is the occassional finding though... like those little bits of nothingness, like the Fox story. (You ever notice that there's not a lot of Liberal posting of little findings to prove their points?.... is that because there are NONE, or perhaps just that it isn't deemed necessary?)

CWS

Comment

Knee jerking appears to have been wholly adopted by the tea party conservatives.

Much ado about nothing

Apparently the tea party has enough ammunition to continue shooting themselves in the foot.

The definition of insanity has been overlooked by conservatives who continue to follow a path of self destruction.
                          sigpic

Comment

I denounce a program that would have the government intimidate our free press and that makes me an illiterate, ultraconservative? CWS, you can compare my concern for freedom and democracy to the rise of the nazi party all you want, but I shall not be swayed as I fight a, neverending battle for Truth, Justice, and The American Way!!!

Comment

Dear Super Frankii,

On either side of the issue, there will always be someone with good intentions who may not take into account those who would take exception. And of course there will always be those who will make the most evil, even out of innocent pursuits such as this one. In this particular case, the objective was far less intrusive than Fox and their supporters would have you believe. But the bottom line is that the survey was halted and the 'horse', so to speak, was put back into the proverbial 'barn'. Now that the neighbors have found out what happened yesterday, they want to make the owner pay and wish to profit as much as they can off of yesterday's event. We're doomed and the sky is falling.... oh wait, the situation corrected itself!!!!

Absolutely nothing wrong with your pursuit.... but please make sure your cape trails out properly behind you and is not over your head where you risk blindly banging into anything, especially if it isn't there anymore!

Kindest regards always,

CWS
                              Last edited by CWSmith; 02-23-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X