X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If This Offends Anyone.........Too Bad

================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Re: If This Offends Anyone.........Too Bad

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
    Proud to pledge with you Dave.

Thanks.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

We stand, hands over hearts every morning at 7:30 and repeat the pledge as does every public school in the state.
      sigpic

Comment

I will repost it. Copied the link and sending it to family now.

David

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I'm with you!

Comment

Amen brother.

The one word that has gone AWOL in our society is the word RESPECT. As such if you take a breath and think about this for a moment there is absolutely no reason for suggesting racism or other. If I come to the USA I will behave myself. I will not burn your flag. I will not blow up your churches and schools. If I cant buy a HAM sandwich in one shop I will go to one where I can. I will not try to change your way of thinking to mine. I WILL RESPET YOUR COUNTRY AND THANKYOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY THAT YOU GIVE ME TO ENTER YOUR COUNTRY AND ENJOY THE FREEDOM AND RESOURCE.
            Many years ago here we had English people, yes the ones from the Motherland, come here. All they did was whinge and whine. They were quickly called WHINGING POMS. They objected claiming they were offended. So we said, if you hate Australia why not go back to the PARADISE that you came from. HA, what a statement. We too say this today to the others who claim there are two kinds, them and infidels. Seriously, we didn't ask you to come here. You didn't have to dodge bullets to get here. Our Soft-Cock tree hugging Politicians, mainly the Labour Party and the lunatic Greens give you thousands of dollars to start you off and help you acclimatize with some basics. Our elderly and pensioners have to fight all the way and yet these types get more benefits than any of us would believe. The politicians want to feel warm and fuzzy and yet they sh1t all over the people who supported them and paid honest taxes all their lives.
            The message is short and sweet. If you don't respect us then go back to your paradise that you came from and leave us alone. Let us welcome good people who don't want to kill us or take HAM Sandwiches off the menu. It takes all kinds to make the world go round but this is our country, respect us and we will in turn respect you. I am not RACIST as I will be accused of here. I am AUSTRALIAN, proud and PATRIOTIC. I respect others that respect me.
            I find it absolutely incredible that these others claim they hate everything about Western Society but yet they freely hold both hands out to get our hard earned. They complain about everything and yet they wont go back where they came from, I rest my case.
            Patriotism is good, fanaticism is lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdave View Post
              amen brother !!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I miss those days, great way to start school!

Comment

I guess I'm not sure who would be offended by the pledge. I am sure there are a few fringe anti Americans and general whack jobs out there but as a percentage I'm thinking they pretty much don't even show up on the graph. IOW while I like the sentiment it feels to me like political / idealogical baiting for a problem that is all but non existent.
                  sigpic

Comment

I too am not getting who is supposed to be offended by this.

Comment

I am a racist and proud of it I am a white Christian a Catholic and an endangered species as we are trying to cater for every race but our own and until we wake up we have no future other races come to out countries and try to change them bit by bit and governments chasing their vote accommodate them by allowing hal hal food every where women being able to use public baths with no male allowed pray rooms all over the place and the list goes on if you emigrate to a country then you should adopted the customs of that country but they don`t they try and succeed in changing from within little by little your lucky in the US you over three hundred million Australia only has twenty three million and your so patriotic where it is not part of Austrlian culture

Tony

Comment

Yea, I just don't see a real issue here. Maybe because I live in a small town but on parades and holidays we still gather around the flag pole, take off our hats and say the pledge. I object to people that feel that their brand of patriotism is better than someone else's. When push comes to shove America always rallies and brings the best to the fight. It's who we are. I suspect this has more to do with the "under god" bit which has been debated since it was added to the pledge in 1954 and continues to be an issue to the separation of church and state nazis.
                        sigpic

Comment

American, home of the rule of the minority.

"First thing we do is kill all the lawyers."
                          Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2, 71–78

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Yea, I just don't see a real issue here. Maybe because I live in a small town but on parades and holidays we still gather around the flag pole, take off our hats and say the pledge. I object to people that feel that their brand of patriotism is better than someone else's. When push comes to shove America always rallies and brings the best to the fight. It's who we are. I suspect this has more to do with the "under god" bit which has been debated since it was added to the pledge in 1954 and continues to be an issue to the separation of church and state nazis.

My reason for posting this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with separation of church and state so don't try and put words into my mouth! I also find your use of the term "nazis" very offensive. Why do you feel that everything has to have an issue attached to it? If there is any kind of issue here it might be that patriotism is on a downhill slope in this country but that wasn't my intention either. I'm proud of my country and its flag and see nothing wrong with showing that pride whenever and wherever I so choose too.
                            ================================================== ====
                            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Well yea, but what was your point for posting? I have seen the same picture posted on Facebook numerous times by numerous folks trying to make a point either for or against. The nazi comment; there always seems to be a group of folks that want to either force something on us or take something away from us. This may seem disingenuous to some that know my views on religion but I have no problem with including under god in the pledge. It doesn't offend me in the least anymore that in god we trust being on currency but there is a group of people that have made a lifetime over railing on and on about something that in my mind is not an issue worth fighting over. I comment because when I have seen that picture in the past it has usually been used by that group of people for political purposes....both sides.

What evidence do you have that patriotism is on the downward slope? I just got back from D.C. Flew down. Lots of military in the airports and on the subways. Amazing how many folks step up to shake their hands and thank them for their duty and I'm one of them. I think most Americans are quiet about their patriotism until someone stirs us up and then they quickly find out about the resolve of Americans to defend our nation.
                              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X