New TV Show: Catch a Contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Show: Catch a Contractor

Just watched the first episodes of this new reality TV show. The hosts (Adam Carolla and Skip Bedell) confront contractors who left a project unfinished or completed incorrectly and then work with them to fix the project. Going forward, will be interesting to see if they produce any shows where the homeowner shares the blame.

Carolla is pretty funny and brings some comic relief to the situations.

Here's a video trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9I7cpHSRIg
    Last edited by AverageHomeowner; 03-14-2014, 02:24 AM.

Re: New TV Show: Catch a Contractor

There are bad contractors, and teachers, and doctors, and everything else out there, unfortunately the very nature of the program is to shine a bad light on working folks. There would be no interest in a show where contractors do a good job then have to fight to get paid, or waste hours with customers who only want to pick their brains. I've had enough with reality shows.

Comment

I just watched 2 episodes on my tablet this morning. 1 guy was not a licensed contractor, but using his bosses name. The other guy was a licensed contractor. With the help of the show and crew, they both came back to help the cast and crew finish.

Would be interesting to see what the state contractors board thinks of the show, especially the unlicensed ones.

I've met adam several times and is a good guy. He's a real former carpenter, contractor and radio/tv celebrity. Also an ex boxer.

If you get a chance, see his self produced movie "The Hammer" even my wife enjoyed his movie.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I don't get naked N afraid ! Never watched it , just the commercials, usually when we're eating , YUK !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I never see a permit inspection . on these 24 hr remodel shows. Think they're inspected ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I never see a permit inspection . on these 24 hr remodel shows. Think they're inspected ?

Comment

I was recently filmed installing an Eternal water heater for one of the most popular home improvement show on tv. It was a permitted job and I made sure it was in advance. I suppose it will be broadcast this summer or next fall.

David

Comment

Originally posted by AverageHomeowner View Post
                ... Going forward, will be interesting to see if they produce any shows where the homeowner shares the blame.
                Well, that didn't take long.

Comment

I have to say, as a layperson, that if a contractor asked me to sign a waiver releasing them of responsibility for stucco cracking that I would find it suspicious and probably not do it. It seems so contrary to warranty expectations. And now I know that I would be wrong because apparently that is common practice.

With regard to common practices, what other types of work typically use waivers?

Comment

Working...
                  X