Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obamacare, Thanks but NO Thanks!!!

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Frankie, that 12 grand isn't under Obama care.
    NHM, I did not suggest anything to the contrary. Healthcare coverage that allows you to keep your plan, doctors, and not make up huge deductables cost around $1000.00 or more a month. The less expensive plans have deductables in the thousands and can ruin folks who can't cover them if needed. I am stating what I believe is fact when i say most folks cannot afford to pay for healthcare now, at least those who actually intend to have coverage and "pay" the premiums! When you factor in the folks who have lost hours of work so their employers could circumvent the system, those who have lost their plan, doctors and now pay huge premiums...What the heck was accomplished???

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      Isn`t it awful being dragged kicking and screaming into a civilised world where the weak and poor of ones country are covered with health insurance as other civilised countries have done for the last thirty years

Tony
      Ask any uninsured person why they don't have insurance and they will have no legitimate answer. Short of extremely unique circumstances there is no excuse to not have insurance. This is a pre Obamacare statement.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        NHM, I did not suggest anything to the contrary. Healthcare coverage that allows you to keep your plan, doctors, and not make up huge deductables cost around $1000.00 or more a month. The less expensive plans have deductables in the thousands and can ruin folks who can't cover them if needed. I am stating what I believe is fact when i say most folks cannot afford to pay for healthcare now, at least those who actually intend to have coverage and "pay" the premiums! When you factor in the folks who have lost hours of work so their employers could circumvent the system, those who have lost their plan, doctors and now pay huge premiums...What the heck was accomplished???
        Yes Frankie, and what have those folks been doing in the past? They go to the emergency room because hospitals can't refuse care. It also happens to be the most expensive care but it's the only option they have. They get care, and then they don't pay for it. Who do ou suppose has been footing that bill?
        sigpic

Comment

Yes Frankie, and what have those folks been doing in the past? They go to the emergency room because hospitals can't refuse care. It also happens to be the most expensive care but it's the only option they have. They get care, and then they don't pay for it. Who do ou suppose has been footing that bill?

This is true, but in the past, the hospitals would negotiate some of these bills down to payment plans which some people would then pay. Then the hospitals could count a portion that were not paid as a loss each year for tax purposes. Written in the ACA is a provision that the Federal government will provide payment to these insuracne compaines for unpaid bills. This gives the hospitals no incentive to reduce the amount owed, and lord knows there is a lot of room for reductions. One estimate made was just the non-payment requirements written into this abortion of a law will cost (us) around $ 1.2 billion a year once the ball gets rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageHomeowner View Post
            Tony, my friend, our challenges are much more complex than your simple jab. Unlike Australia, which is surrounded by water and has a natural moat, the U.S. shares a physical border with a large country that is NOT a good neighbor. They flood our states with illegal residents who work off the books (impacting real jobs and wages), send what they earn back to family in their native country (so the money isn't even spent here), and cause strife with crime, gangs, and other social problems. Now we're being asked to give them citizenship and subsidize their health care. It's a fair expectation to take care of your own citizens. But now we're being told to take care of our neighbors, at our own peril. This new health care law will be a magnet to make our immigration problem even worse.

Steady on, I am a Patriotic Aussie too...!!!!
            Point - Illegals working for cash and not spending in the USA. Unfortunately this comes about from Greedy individuals prepared to turn a blind eye solely for profit. Mind you downunder there have been some "pretty big players" who EXPLOIT the system and rules too.
            Point- Strife, gangs etc. That the tree-hugging do-gooders for their Human rights campaigns. We too have these. You know down here our coppers cant say "black, African, Muslim" only to mention a few.
            Point- Universal health care has its pros and Cons. I have Private Insurance, not because I can really afford it but rather because I have kids.
            Point- We used to have a piece of **** Prime Minister called Paul Keating who could afford private health Insurance but publically said why should he pay when he could use the Public System. Yeah he probably had a right but many who have money believe in user pay system of sort where they believe that they can afford to pay and leave the public funds for those that cant.

There will always be two opinions on Public health no matter which country you are in. In an ideal world we would all have good health and care. We would all eat well and enjoy life. We would all respect each others religious persuasion. There would be no us and them. However we are controlled through Governments duly elected to govern us, or so we are led to believe. You reckon you have problems over there share the love, we have similar here too. Now I am not meaning to stick it up you but here we have a system of compulsory voting to elect our leaders. I know it doesn't always work completely but you need to stand up and be counted otherwise you forgo the right to complain. That's what I believe for down here anyway

Comment

Originally posted by AverageHomeowner View Post
              Children of illegals born here are eligible for most financial benefits. And the rest won't be illegal for long after the next wave of amnesty happens. I don't mean to sound like a hard a**, but we're exporting jobs out of our country and importing welfare cases. This will be our undoing.

Again not meaning to insult or other but look at what we have, yes it is similar. Tree-hugging Greenies and Solicitors. Yeah we are all Christians of sort but there are some who sponge off of us. I always refer to the slugs here who complain that the Government owes them a life complete with everything but they don't have to contribute in any way.

Comment

I am starting to get depressed reading the threads on this forum I`m starting to hear the violins in the back ground you all know the way the tune goes and Franky with every second sentance he utters about DOME and GLOOM and how Obama care is driving you all broke and how you cannot choose you own speciallist and Marks wife cannot have another baby which she is covered for which if she could at her age Mark would have a stroke but at least he would be covered for the hospital bill and how his baby son at 34 is covered for dental work and Averagehomeowner is depressed about illegal imigrants getting health cover and he is paying for it out of his own pocket and Nkirental is worried about full emergency rooms in hospitals and NH well what can I say I feel like a nice drink or two or three

Tony

Comment

Understand that in no way do I believe the current legislation is perfect. It needs work and it needs bi-partisan work but the conservative wing of the republican party seems to be running the show now and they are not concerned with you and me or with fixing anything. Their whole focus is and always will be on discrediting obama and the administration. For those of you that are aligned with the conservatives I ask you this. So the bill as it currently stands sucks. What do you guys have to offer in the way of solutions?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    I am starting to get depressed reading the threads on this forum I`m starting to hear the violins in the back ground you all know the way the tune goes and Franky with every second sentance he utters about DOME and GLOOM and how Obama care is driving you all broke and how you cannot choose you own speciallist and Marks wife cannot have another baby which she is covered for which if she could at her age Mark would have a stroke but at least he would be covered for the hospital bill and how his baby son at 34 is covered for dental work and Averagehomeowner is depressed about illegal imigrants getting health cover and he is paying for it out of his own pocket and Nkirental is worried about full emergency rooms in hospitals and NH well what can I say I feel like a nice drink or two or three

Tony
                    These guys totally overlook that most insurances cover things that will never be used. My plan still covers maternity and birth control and we are well past needing either. They think that those few coverages are what the major expense of the plan is. The coverage is designed to cover the majority of the folks on it and there are a whole lot of folks still at breeding age in the country. Its a lot like those that complain that they have to pay property taxes that go to public schools even though they don't have children or their children are out of school. As a society we make a decision to pay for things that we might never ourselves use for the betterment of all. We p[ay those taxes because we decided that educating people should be a priority and generally a good thing for society and the economy. Its the same with universal health care.
                    sigpic

Comment

This morning, less than 24-hours after Obama took his victory lap bragging about his 7,100,000 enrollment number, he sheepishly admitted it was all an April Fools Day joke.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Understand that in no way do I believe the current legislation is perfect. It needs work and it needs bi-partisan work but the conservative wing of the republican party seems to be running the show now and they are not concerned with you and me or with fixing anything. Their whole focus is and always will be on discrediting obama and the administration. For those of you that are aligned with the conservatives I ask you this. So the bill as it currently stands sucks. What do you guys have to offer in the way of solutions?
                        Short answer, Nothing! I have liberal, conservative and radical views which make me a "free" thinking individual much to NHM's dismay. They say ignorance is bliss because it allows folks to ignore things that may frighten them, rather than have them deal with things in an intelligent manner. We live in the greatest country, but that does not mean our economy can support the ACA, or many other entitlements. Change the things you can and accept that which you cannot. Right now we can protect our power grid and prevent hundreds of millions of Americans from starving to death, but we are not taking action. Please, take off the blinders and see the harsh reality of our broken economy. The prepared individual can avert or lessen damage and losses, while the ignorant person can only react helplessly afterwards. A lot of people are going to suffer because difficult decisions are not being made now. I am sorry my attitude of doom and gloom depresses those who have no stomach for reality. I suggest you watch cartoons and sports and only listen to those who share your cloistered views.

Comment

Healthcare wise, what we have been doing is far more costly and damaging to the economy in the long run that national health care
                          sigpic

Comment

My insurance hasn't changed under the new law. It costs me 12 grand in change yearly.
                            there is a lot of people in my area that hardly make that kind of money, many are hardly making $10 an hour, Kind of hard to put out $12,000 for insurance when your only making, 20, a year, or less,
                            It is not that people don't want insurance they can not afford it, unless they want to give up on housing or food.

and these high deductible insurances will not help them as a $10,000 bill will bankrupt them just as fast as a $100,000 bill, it may help the hospitals but it will not help many of the people,

If you do not have the money or have a way of getting it,
                            it makes little difference what one owes, when one is broke and down to what ever pennies are in there pocket, that is all they have, there is NO more.
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Agree completely. I'm disgusted with both parties. When the legislation was first passed a few years ago, they said it has some good points but needs some tweaking, but the tweaks never came besides the waivers Obama granted to his voting blocks. Obviously, the removal of pre-existing conditions is a big move forward and I think the individual mandate is also necessary to ensure everyone is covered and pays their fair share.

But they never addressed the cost side, so there's still nothing that prevents the $50 aspirin pill. That keeps costs too high which makes the plans unaffordable to many. A similar thing happened with college costs over the past few decades. Financial assistance became readily available from the govt to everyone without any cost controls. College costs went through the roof and kids graduate in deep debt with huge loans to payoff.

The other problem is medical plan design. While they are standardized to some extent across bronze/silver/gold/platinum, they are still too complex to compare and figure out which is your best choice. They need to come up with some way to rank the premiums, deductible, copay, and coinsurance costs to simplify the overall plan costs so you don't have to be an accountant to figure it out. Maybe provide a standard set of health service examples for each plan.

Finally, the financial assistance based on income needs to be revisited. So many people have irregular incomes based on the nature of their job and the uncertain economy that it's very difficult to forecast your income to determine if you are eligible for a subsidy. Maybe make the income ranges wider so it's easier to predict.

Comment

Good post above, but at the end of the day among all the serious problems to be worked on and fixed, look at where we are and you can figure out where we are headed. I would like to see the ACA tweaked to the point of sharing the cost of healthcare without do all the damage it has, but I do not beleive it will happen. I see the same lack of positive results with our economy, immigration, border security, etc. I too am fed up with both political parties, and see no reason to expect them to accomplish anything beneficial on their own or together. They are too caught up with pushing their own agenda, and being "right", to care for We The People and our beautiful country.

Comment

Working...
                                X