Proud of my Baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of my Baby

My oldest daughter Jullie, is one of 5-literacy coordinators for her school district of 12-elementary schools. She travels from school to school working with kids to help them improve their reading skills. The State just announced they are the number one district in literacy for the entire State. In the video, my daughter is at 1:32 wearing the green checked blouse.

Well-planned strategy boosts reading scores in Smithfield | KSL.com

The funny part is, in 2nd grade the teacher warned her they may have to hold her back if her reading skills did not improved. The next semester she donated a foot locker full of books to the school library. She read over 60-books that summer and never looked back.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-10-2014, 11:34 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Proud of my Baby

And I thought you were going to post a photo of phoebe.

Rick.

See if jullie can help the forum members with spelling
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Proud of my Baby

Congrats Mark and Brenda. I'll never forget Mrs. O Leary, She didn't give up on Me ! What teacher do You remember Brothers ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just saw this Mark, and you are so right to be proud! Reading to children when they are young, encouraging them to read as they grow, opens the world to them as they improve their communication skills. True story, this past Sunday as I was sealing my driveway a middle aged woman was walking past talking very loudly on her cell phone. She was clearly upset as she talked about her daughter and remarked how sorry she was for not reading to her as a child. Seems the girl had a many problems including drugs. I think reading to a child also develops a bond. While clearing out my late sister inlaw's attic I found several plastic bins full of books. I had no idea how much she read to them or how much they read on their own. My niece and nephew are very bright and I have to believe reading skills played a big part.

Comment

Just saw this Mark, and you are so right to be proud! Reading to children when they are young, encouraging them to read as they grow, opens the world to them as they improve their communication skills. True story, this past Sunday as I was sealing my driveway a middle aged woman was walking past talking very loudly on her cell phone. She was clearly upset as she talked about her daughter and remarked how sorry she was for not reading to her as a child. Seems the girl had a many problems including drugs. I think reading to a child also develops a bond. While clearing out my late sister inlaw's attic I found several plastic bins full of books. I had no idea how much she read to them or how much they read on their own. My niece and nephew are very bright and I have to believe reading skills played a big part.

Comment

Working...
          X