Looking for Ridgid 60SN Bench Vise Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Ridgid 60SN Bench Vise Parts

Looking for discontinued bench vise parts. Does anyone have any resources for me to check? Let me know. Thanks

Hey Bud, saw you post looking for vise parts. I don't think I can help you exactly, but I have repaired and rebuilt a lot of vises.
    Right now I'm searching for a part- an acme screw for an old Ridgid Model 40 bench vise. The vise is MINT condition, but missing the handle & screw & retractor.

I may have to try and find the acme thread to fit- I have the nut- and fabricate a handle and retractor mechanism, but I sure wish I could find one, even a picture of one would help. You got anything that would be of help?? This vise is so cool- not a mark on it, just missing the screw.

One of the technical guys at Ridgid is looking for some drawings for me, but so far no luck.
    Appreciate any help you can offer, thanks
    John Meola,
    Richmond VA

Comment

Sorry, I got off track a bit, re-read your note- and I'll tell you, unless you're looking for something like replaceable jaws from a big established manufacturer - WIlton- Craftsman- Ridgid - etc - it's going to be really hard, and very expensive- to find any replacement parts.

Most of the vises I rebuild are salvageable, once in a while I might need to do a welding repair, but it's darned tough to find replacement parts anyplace. I've searched all over creation, nothing! Wilton and Northern Tool in Minnesotta were about the best I've dealt with, but it's only for their vises. You could also try McMaster Carr ( www.mcmaster.com) but it's a lot easier for them to sell a new vise than to stock parts for a bunch od old ones.
      What kind of vise you got? I have about a dozen skeletons and parts of vises, once in a while I can mix and match to make a whole one. But it's a long shot.If I got anything that will help will trade it to you. Take care, let me know, good luck
      John Meola
      Richmond VA

Comment

I'm also looking for obsolete parts. I have a model 43 CPN and am looking for a swivel base.

Comment

I too am looking for a part for 43 CPN. It's the square thread nut that draws the jaws shut when you turn the screw. What do you call it & where might I find one?

Comment

Re: Looking for Ridgid 60SN Bench Vise Parts

did anyone ever come up with a source for these vises? I need the internal threaded piece for my 60SN. Just broke today.....

Comment

Re: Looking for Ridgid 60SN Bench Vise Parts

when I have repaired a vice, I usually just buy a Acme threaded rod and nut, and make the part that is broke, using the nut or the rod, many times one can just weld the nut on to the other part after sawing off the original, and if the rod is gone many times the threads are a standard thread, (most machine shop supply have acess to the rods and nuts), MSC and others,

I usually then use the vice for a secondary purpose,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X