Dual-laser Miter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-laser Miter

I purchased the 12" laser miter from HD and am somewhat disappointed with the fact that the laser is 1/4" away from the saw cut - almost useless in my mind. I noticed that Delta and PC have dual laser saws that make it simple to use because you can line up the cut between the lasers. Does anyone know if we can adapt the single laser into a dual laser system?

Thanks,

Matt

If your cut line is indeed ΒΌ" away from your laser line than there is something wrong. I have the same laser system on my saw and it's only about 1/32" from the laser line.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Not sure if this would work due to arbor space requirements but you can add a laser disk that is about 0.36" thick for about $70. If any RAS owners read this there is one available for a RAS as well. Available at woodworkers supply and others
      web page

Comment

That laser disc is basically the same type that is found on the Ridgid miter saw. The arbor could not accommodate both the stock laser and an add on unit. However, if one wanted too, LaserKerf makes a unit that you could mount on the RH side of the Ridgid saw which would give you two laser lines.
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

LaserKerf looks like a better solution, I really like that it is not installed on the blade

Comment

Working...
          X