X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650...leftover nuts and bolts????

I kinda hate for my first post to be lame....but here it is anyway...I assembled my TS 3650 by the book (atleast i thought), Afterwards i had three 1/4-20 X 3/4" square head screws, and with what i assume the matching hex flange nuts..i went back through the instructions 4 or 5 times and gave up ...i called service tech...they couldnt tell me....they said just hold on to them and maybe it would show up later where they go...sound advice i guess...until the blade is halfway through my skull...just wondering if anyone else had these blots and nuts leftover...OH!...enjoys reading everyones post...some are hlepful...some are...well, i'll leave it at that....THANKS

Those 3 nuts and bolts are for attaching an auxiliary fence to the rip fence. It is covered later in the book.
    For safe and efficient use of your saw, you really should read the entire manual before you try to use it.
    By the way, Welcome to the forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Hope this falls in the "helpful" catagory.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Read all the instructions????....isnt that # 2 in the Man Manual....the first being never stop to ask directions....the second who needs the stinking instruction book....hmmmm I guess if i value my limbs that would be sound and "helpful"
      advice...ive been using saws for awhile (25 yrs)...but i guess all saws arent created equal
      thanks a mill

Comment

This one you need to read. To put it together and
        to tune it in. It is a good saw but must be set up right.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jef_tex:
          ...i called service tech...they couldnt tell me....they said just hold on to them and maybe it would show up later where they go...
          Just remembered the second part of your post. Maybe the folks at ridgid support should try reading the manual too!
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

They should just revise the manual to make a note of it up front. You shouldn't have to read all the way to page 53 to find a casual mention of the 3 supplied T bolts. Also, the rail shimming procedure is poor. There are two objectives - straight and parallel. They ignored parallel.

Comment

Working...
            X