X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2412 vs. TS2424

I had what I guess is a typical Home Depot visit this morning. NO HELP! The Paris Texas store only had the TS2412 and TS3612 on display. I wanted to find out the price difference between the 2412 and 2424. No one in the store could tell me. A couple of employees even tried to convince me it had been rplaced by the 3612.
    The "customer service" person told me there was a book the department that would tell me. No one in the tool department and I couldn't find the mystery book myself.
    I finally found an assistant manager who offered to call HD Monday but I really doubt if she'll ever call me back.
    Can anyone tell me what HD gets for the 2424?

[ 02-09-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: ramorgan ]

Ramorgan,

I believe it is something like $597.00 for the TS2424-01LS Make sure you get both boxes. (A big box with the saw and a small box with the rails.) I think the TS3612 is the same price but does not come with the same accessories.

The TS3612 did replace the TS2424

Rob

[ 02-09-2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Rob C ]

Comment

Rob is correct on the price, and accessories.
      The 2424 is replaced by the 3612 and to sell stock of the 2424 before the release of the 3612 (no doubt due to HD's lack of salesmanship)it was offered with the Hurc-U-Lift system, miter hold down attachment and the dust collection attachment.
      My 2424 is a gem and the center mark of my shop.
      Don't feel bad about the poor service you get from HD about Ridgid machinery, it's a common complaint nationwide.
      The best resoarce for information is right here.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. I agree,this is the best place for information.
        This is a new HD,only a year or so old and we've always been real pleased with the service until yesterday. I guess it was just the early Sunday morning crew.

Comment

Ramorgan,

Did the store have the TS2424 in stock? If they did not then they will not be able to get one. The HD associate was correct, it the TS2424 has been replaced by the TS3612.

Jake

Comment

No this store did not have the 2424,only the 2412 and 3612.

Comment

They will not be able to get the TS2424 as it was replaced by the TS3612. If you were considering the TS2424, I'd take a close look at the 3612. The fence system has been improved and additional capacity on the right has been added. In addition, a new micro-adjust trunnion was incorporated into the design of the TS3612.

Jake

Comment

Hey, I picked up the 3612 today! my better half and I got the table stand put together,the saw on it and the extensions installed. It looks like one fine machine. Hopefully I'll get the rest done in a day or so and be making sawdust by the weekend. Thanks to all of you for your advice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X