Learning to use saw circular

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to use saw circular

Just bought an R3200 circular saw. Was able to build a closet organizer. I'm a rookie at this sort of thing. A real rookie. Are there any books or something I can get that will show me all the different cuts this thing can make. Are those Stanley work tables worth buying?
    If a butterfly didn\'t have wings, they\'d call it a butterwalk.

Go to www.woodworkersbookclub.com and sign up. That's a good start. Subscribe to some decent magazines, or at least brouse the local magazine rack and purchase one's with articles of flavor.

Taunton Press handles expensive, well written books on quality products to last generations. I try and buy from them as much as I can as my son will no doubt be reading, and handing them books down to his son. (I hope)
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

check out Home Handyman. there are some woodworking articles, but if you're making closet organizers, it sounds like you enjoy home improvment projects.

home handyman has nice articles that walk you through from start to finish. the difficulty of the projects are aimed at the weekend warrior.

caspian

Comment

I find that working with plans created by others as the best way to learn for myself. I'm green too. But I subscribe to wood magazine and woodworkers journal. I generally pick plans that fit what I have use for and that will expand my skills.

I've learned that alot of good woodworking comes from jigs. I've heard that " shopnotes " magazine is primarily about those jigs behind the scenes of good carpenters.

Jake

Comment

Working...
        X