X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK THIS JUST BAFFELS ME!

i had an in store credit card with 1.08 on it. i went to the home depot this morning to pick up a few items i needed or as it turned out thought i needed. once all was said and done i had a few items to take back. nothing too expensive...total came to just over six bucks. anyway went back with my recipt and was able to return it no problem. the clerk put 1.08 back on a card and gave me the balance due in cash. i just shook my head and walked away. not that i minded the in store credit...but i told her she should have put the full amount on the card...and she said the system would not let her.

how much does one of these cards cost home depot?

just a thought!
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

If you had simply kept the receipt in your pocket, they would have put the full amount on the card. If you were concerned that they would have denied the return without the receipt, you would have had it available.
    It is unfortunate that dishonest returns forced the need for the in-store credit program. HD is still very liberal in their returns.
    If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Originally posted by Deblieux:
      If you had simply kept the receipt in your pocket, they would have put the full amount on the card.
      In my neck 'o the woods, HD won't do a return at all without a receipt. Like you said, it's because of fraudulent returns. They had folks shoplifting from one HD store and returning the stolen goods at another for cash.

What surprises me is that they didn't just refund the whole thing in cash. If I buy something on a debit card and return it, they give me cash -- and the "refillable" store cards are a lot like debit cards.

Either way, HD still makes returns (for the legitimate and honest)a breeze. It is one of the best returns policies anywhere, period.

D.

Comment

i have never had a problem with returning an item witout a recipt. they have always given me store credit! the statement i was trying to make is doesnt it seem ridiculous that they would only put 1.08 back on a card? the total return was just over six bucks. i could have kept the recipt in my pocket and had it all put on a card. i have no problem with an in store credit. i just think in this case it was ridiculous!
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:
          i just think in this case it was ridiculous!
          Well, it's not like it's unusual to see ridiculous things done at Home Depot...

D.

Comment

Working...
          X