What does topic closed mean??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does topic closed mean??

I was reading the thread about Warranty coverage dates. And it was locked??? what does that mean. Do the Ridgid people not want us to talk about that topic???

I was about to post a line to let everybody know that

IT"S FRIGGIN COLD IN CHICAGO TODAY

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Jake

the moderators can lock a thread any time they think it has run it's course and no further productive conversation will occur.

this is the case in the warranty thread. i had posted a response, then greyghost replied to my post with some venom. i gave it right back to him and was a little mean.

anyway, the responses where it got personal were deleted and the moderator locked the thread. that was the reason given to me. (the mod. e-mailed me so i knew why my posts were missing)

so, it's not a conspieracy, just a couple of members going at each other who the mod. had to babysit.

caspian

Comment

Thanks caspian,

I've seen pretty mean banter go on and this is the first time I've seen a topic closed. Figured they were hiding something or trying to get us not to talk about warranty issues?

Ah well, who knows.

Happy days
      Jake

Comment

I've seen pretty mean banter go on and this is the first time I've seen a topic closed.
        One line we try to draw is at name calling, and Josh felt like that line had been crossed. It was his call, and I have no problems with it.
        Figured they were hiding something or trying to get us not to talk about warranty issues?
        If you do a search for topics with the word "warranty" in the title, you'll get 37 responses. The bulk of those have been posted in the last 60 days. You guys have talked yourselves blue in the face about the Limited Lifetime Warranty, but that's alright with us. Feel free. I just wish the new folks would search for the topic before they start a new thread.

Comment

"I just wish the new folks would search for the topic before they start a new thread."

Amen to that!!! Like on other forums, you always read "do a search" wish more people would do that first before posting as to gain a litle knowledge.

At least CS reports seem to be getting better. Hopefully, things will be back to their old ways soon.

Comment

Working...
          X