X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norm

This bright white background is really hard on the eyes. The grey is fine, but I can not take too much of the bright white. Please take a poll of the users and see if you can soften up the look a bit.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Norm

This bright white background is really hard on the eyes. The grey is fine, but I can not take too much of the bright white. Please take a poll of the users and see if you can soften up the look a bit.
      Support Our Troops!
      www.mnpatriotguard.org
      www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Originally posted by Alan J.:
        Blue Screens are not near as common as they used to be
        Ain't that the truth... some things DO get better with change.

At home I have the stock ME that came on the system, so I still get the BSCROD walks down memory lane (what a non-operable OS fluke ME is). Win2K and XP are huge steps forward... makes ya think there's hope! And yet we still have customers running 95 that just reboot 2-3 times a day and think it's normal. Ugh.

I s'ose that's OT but sometimes any news is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Keystone:
          Norm

Our comments are falling on deaf ears. Wish they could make a few extra backgrounds and let us choose what we wanted. I'm a member of several other forums that do this.
          Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

KellyC,
            BrandMan and bdueker have been MIA for a couple of days, Norm for over a week. I'll grant them a long weekend, but I hope when they get back they will adjust the forum for us, the users. The drums seem to be beating again.
            There is no sense in discussing the Orange tools, who is building them, or who will sell them, that die has been cast and will not be reversed. I don't mind the rest of the website, it isn't too bad, and I don't need to go there too often, anyway. But I frequent the forum often, and I enjoy it. They can easily control that. I just wish it wasn't so harsh on the eyes.
            If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

It is the holidays....I can wait a bit longer on the forum....just hope they change it up a bit...maybe a lot more grey would work if we can't have the old scheme back.
              Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Deblieux (I can't be the only one here who pronounced that "double oh", can I?), what is your connection to Emerson/Ridgid?

And, did you ever receive the response I tried to send regarding your private message?

Dave

Comment

Dave Arbuckle,
                  Great attempt! I hadn't thought about it that way, but if it were OO I suppose I would have to add another number, although my favorite, 7 has been taken.
                  I understand that it is French or Cajun, and when spelled DeBlieux it is pronounced Deh Bluh, but when spelled Deblieux it is pronounced UU just like the president. You are the first to comment, thanks for your interest.
                  My connection to these guys is a satisfied user of the tools, a bit of a wood related industry junky, a participant in related forums, and occasional critic.
                  I appreciate your private message, sorry that I had not yet acknowledged it. Did some more research, and while I believe there is general disagreement on the definition of SPAM, I also would prefer to error on the side of the angels. Since there seemed to be little interest or grasp of where I intended the post to go, I opted to allow it to go dormant. The data I examined was all public information, and the interest was generated because of concern where the line, and ultimately this forum might go. Since then, they have started to kick loose with some information that has comforted, irritated, or at least confounded the contributors here. I feel it has been a controversial, but constructive interchange. Perhaps I may become one of the "99 regulars" too.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Double-you(right? )!

I wonder how many who find the white background on this site difficult use anything other than white background on their word processing program?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Mark IV:
                      (what a non-operable OS fluke ME is). Win2K and XP are huge steps forward...
                      Remember Microsoft Bob? Wonder what became of the guy who thought that up?

I like W2K. I moved our desktops from NT 4.0 to 2000 sometime in 2001/2002 and still order new PCs with 2000. Not sure I want to move us to XP yet. 2003 Server looks promising....

Originally posted by Dave Arbuckle :
                      I wonder how many who find the white background on this site difficult use anything other than white background on their word processing program?
                      That was my point earlier ... seems most screens I use have white backgrounds. The programmers, well most of our employees actually, see a lot of "Green Screens" ... windowed AS/400 client that has a black background with green text. Although, I have seen some user customized color combos that would give you a headache ... magenta with cyan comes to mind
                      Alan
                      My Shop

Comment

Have patience with any forthcoming changes to this site, especially colors. It is tedious and involves a bit of trial and error for these folks to get it right. Who knows how much time and hard work they put into these unwanted changes.
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I think most of us would be pleased if they went back to about the 18th, and clicked on "undo".

Dave Arbuckle,
                          Yes.

The issue is legibility, i.e., contrast, which is the font as well as the background. Occassionally I do change the background, but I almost always change the font to work, and revise it if necessary before sending.

Of course I can't control the font here. So personally, I do find the white background hard on the eyes.

-----W

[ 09-02-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Deblieux ]

Comment

Working...
                          X