X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality square set....

well i have about had it with craftsman's squares, the 45/90 degree heads on the sliding ruler. These things refuse to stay square. i dont know what it is, but i have used others in the past and never had this problem before. so now it's time to spend the money and get a QUALITY one. i plus i would like to get one with the three accessories, the 45/90 head 45 degree head and the protractor. I dont believe johnson makes one? so now i am unceartin of something. i was looking at the starrett, which is probably the best you can get out there. or i can get one through my snap on dealer. snap on's are made by Central Tools. I was under the impression that central tools are junk? i inow sears carrys a bunch of items in the brown wrappers that they sell retty cheap. or is this a different maker i am thinking of. i guess my question is is the central a quality tool? signifigant difference between them and starrett? the advantage to getting it from my snap on man, i can pay it off weekly. i know my local rockler has the starrett and i believe the prices between the two were about the same.
    thanks ladies and gentlemen in advance for your reply
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

There is Central Tools from Cranston RI (good stuff) Central Tools
    Then there is Harbor Freights Central Machinery made in China (generally POS but some good stuff)
    I have had great luck with my cheep (compared to Starrett) combo but if you want consistant accuracy Starrett is very good.
    The fully loaded Starrett is $142 at Lee Valley but you can get the square part for $62 and pick up the other parts if/when you need them.
    BTW you can get the fully loaded combo square at harbor freight for $19.99 (nuff said)
    HF combo SQ

Comment

I can get the central from my snap on dealer, jst wanted to check quality!

ed
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
      X