Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Errors Fixed

Forum Members,

Some of you have been having problems with the new site. We suspect that most of these problems stem from popup blockers. With the popularity of popup blockers like the google bar. Many users think they are getting errors or nothing is happening when really the content window being opened is just being killed before it ever displays. We have come up with a workaround so the whole site should be completely popup free.

Please feel free to continue to give us any suggestions for the site or forum that you would like us to address. We are listening. We value your input and want to make this community and website as comfortable to our users as possible.

Josh

I see some other improvements, and the Refresh is working correctly now. Thanks for the continued good work!

Comment

Muwhaha. I just had a great, and simple, idea.

Setup the hostnames:
      forum.ridgid.com
      forums.ridgid.com

Point them at the Ridgid webserver and setup redirection at those addresses to the ridgid forums.

I am a programmer and have done a lot of web stuff over the years. That should be a trivial thing to setup and would make things very nice for us forum diehards.

Please please please please please please please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bunzo:
        Muwhaha. I just had a great, and simple, idea.

Setup the hostnames:
        forum.ridgid.com
        forums.ridgid.com

Point them at the Ridgid webserver and setup redirection at those addresses to the ridgid forums.

I am a programmer and have done a lot of web stuff over the years. That should be a trivial thing to setup and would make things very nice for us forum diehards.

Please please please please please please please!!!
        I can see how this would be a convenience for you, but our bosses have this funny thing....they would like for you guys to see the rest of the site as well as the Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm:
          I can see how this would be a convenience for you, but our bosses have this funny thing....they would like for you guys to see the rest of the site as well as the Forum!
          Umm, not to be a party pooper, but I would venture to guess that most of us probably bookmark the forums main page anyway. Therefore, we aren't seeing the rest of the site on a regular basis. Just a thought.

Kevin

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE]Umm, not to be a party pooper, but I would venture to guess that most of us probably bookmark the forums main page anyway. Therefore, we aren't seeing the rest of the site on a regular basis. Just a thought.

Kevin [/QB][/QUOTE]

There's another part to this site besides the forum
            Support Our Troops!
            www.mnpatriotguard.org
            www.patriotguard.org

Comment

they would like for you guys to see the rest of the site as well as the Forum!

Norm, I'd be a lot happier visiting from the main page like I always used to, IF coming to the forum didn't spawn a second browser window. A pain in the neck for no good reason...

Internet Explorer 6.0, on both XP and 2kPro, just in case you need it.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Norm:
                Please, tell me that they wouldn't be willing to let you guys add a useful feature such as this? I am sure they want the site to be as usable as possible!

Comment

Whoever wants to can just go to the forum page and then bookmark that page, it works for me. If I want to go to the ridgid main page I'll go there when I need to(rarely).
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X