X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" LASER SAW

HOW DO YOU GET THE LASER TO LINEUP WITH THE CUT LINE WHEN THE LASER IS MOUNTED TO THE SIDE OF THE BLADE. WHEN THE LASER IS ON AT THE TOP IT MISSES THE LINE WHEN IT MAKES THE CUT?

Welcome SMB,
    In short the laser isnt going to line up with your cut rather the kerf of the blade Click Here to read more about this. Hope this helps you out.
    JJC

Comment

I must add, if you look at the pictures on the box, the Laser is dead on, exactly under the blade.

Comment

Wow this layzey or lazer isn't going to help me at all if it won't line up. Why have one that isn't accurate. Isn't that what a lazer can do so well.
        oops

Comment

I am very disappointed with the Laser. I am a rookie at woodworking and I thought (by talking to salesman and looking at the nice pretty pictures on the box) that this would make my life easier. So much for making things easier. It has made it more complicated. The laser shouldn't even be on there as far as I am concerned. I think the saw is going back to HD. Sorry Rigid.

Comment

The PC/Delta laser models are adjustable and will line up precisely.

Woodslayer

Comment

I second Woodslayer's comment. I got the 12" Delta Twin Laser Miter about a month ago. Dead on out of the box on both sides of the kerf and fully adjustable. Drilled a couple of new holes to attach it to my MSUV and I'm a happy guy.

Comment

I third the comment on the Delta. The laser on mine was dead on out of the box although I did have to tweak the bevel stops slightly. I don't know how other brands mark the line, but the Delta system seems fool proof. The lasers point straight at the blade edge and the kerf is indicated by the shadow caused by the blade. The kerf indication will automatically adjust for different blade widths although you may need to adjust the right/left postion of the beam to keep the blade partially in the shadow and the lines the same sharp width.

Comment

Working...
                X