X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with a RIDGID 100,000 BTU kerosene heater

I'm having trouble with a recent 2nd hand purchase of a 100,000 btu portable kerosene heater (aka salamander heater). The fan kicks on and runs and the fuel ejects from the nozzle just fine but I'm not seeming to get an ignition. The unit itself seems to have a replacement ignition transformer installed on it and I'm not really for sure of how to properly test it to determine whether or not it is good. I have taken an ohm-meter and bridged the high voltage (says 6,000 volts secondary) tap and the transformer casing and it shows approx 14.88 kOhms. I've not checked the primary leads as of yet though. I have disassembled the unit down to where I can actually see fuel ejecting from the nozzle just fine and there are two electrodes (ignition source?) within the fuel mist cone but there is no spark to ignite them. Perhaps the gap is too wide? I don't know what the gap should be but it's just about the width of a quarter. Would anyone be able to point me in a direction as to what to check or where to go to get more info about how to troubleshoot and/or fix why the heater isn't lighting up please?

Thank you for your time in advance.

-Jamie

If the electrodes are as wide as a quarter that is probably the only thing wrong. The ones I know of are around 1/8" apart, 1/4" at most
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Oops...guess I should have been more specific. I meant they were approximately the thickness of a quarter and not a quarter of an inch.

Thanks for any/all help.

Comment

Working...
      X