X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do w/ old table saw

I finally broke down and retired the old Craftsman (Emerson made) saw that my father-in-law gave me. I've replaced it w/ a TS2412, but now I have to get rid of the old one.

I hate to throw it away, but it needs a lot of work, and no one I've talked to wants it. Basically, the motor is good and the cast iron table is mostly flat, but it's missing a lot of parts (most notably the guard), and the fence guides are completely out of whack. (Seems it once fell out of the back of my f-in-l's pickup).

Is there any hope, or is it destined for the landfill. I priced up the missing parts on Sears' website to the tune of about $200.

Any chance an Atlanta area charity would take it? Anyone in the Atlanta area want it?

Advice please.

Thanks
    Dan

Welcome to the forum!

You might try contacting the local Habitat for Humanity chapter. They might be able to use it for something.
    Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

Duh. That's a great idea, Mac.

Thanks

Comment

Was it a belt drive? I have the Craftsman flex drive right now but I would come to Atlanta to pick it up if it is a belt drive. I want to convert my from the flex drive to a belt drive.

Comment

Working...
        X