X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts curiosity

emerson makes tools for home depot to be sold under the ridgid name, and sears to be sold under the craftsman name. as most of you know i am sure, sears has an extensive parts department and either stocks or can get millions of parts for millions of different items. i buy all the parts i can from sears. not that i have a problem with ridgid or ridgidparts.com, i was just curious as to why you can not find most ridgid parts and accessories through sears, especially if they are both made by emerson
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Since 1998 we have not made any power tools for Sears. We stopped making Craftsman tools and starting making them under the RIDGID name. While there are some parts that are compatable, we have made enough different changes that I cannot positively say that p/n XXXXXX will fit on both the Craftsman and the RIDGID units.

Jake

Comment

and either stocks or can get millions of parts for millions of different items.

I have a great story regarding a brand new radial arm saw and Sears parts, but this isn't the place for it... Please let it suffice to say that, they don't always have what you'd expect them to.

Dave

Comment

I'd also point out that Sears parts have a significant markup vs buying from the manufacturer. My example was a mulch kit for a lawn tractor. Sears price $85 plus I have to go to the parts center to get it. Price direct from manufacturer $40 including shipping to my door.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X