Manufacturing jobs in the USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart guy,

My body has too many weak points. Im' 30 and have had too many joint pains. I was an indestructable weightlifter & triathlete at age 27 and went downhill from there.. LOL

I'm working on migrating to my own company as well. That is one of the things that I liked about finish woodworking. I just can't go into production type of work b/c of my joints.

Jake

Comment

This may be a little off-topic, but I feel a rant coming on. I went to buy a pair of insulated hunting boots for my son for his birthday. Went to the store where I have bought my work boots for the last 25 years. They always had a good selection of "made is USA" boots. Today every pair of insulated hunting boots in that store was made in China! Oh, except one. That one was made in Viet-Nam! May I be struck by lightning if I ever buy anything from that cess-pool! Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now.

PS: Anyone know of a USA manufacturer of insulated hunting boots?

[ 01-26-2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Yeah, but they manufacture in china.

DOUGH!!!!!!!!

Jake

Comment

i dont think ridge tool or any other us company should be blamed for moving business to china. they are just trying to stay competitive...

Comment

USA manufacturer of insulated boots?
            Try Red Wings;
            http://www.redwingshoe.com/products/search.cfm

or try this site to find products made in the US;

http://madeinusa.org/

[ 03-07-2004, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

What is the point of worring about it, in 20 years we will be run by the China Government anyway America is almost a third world nation but we don't know it yet. Look at the 15 year forcast for the most wanted Jobs, Food service, Nurses, Waiters, Cash register people and on and on with the minimum wage jobs, Nursing is the only one with promise. But look at history what made countrys great USA Manufacturing, Japan Manufacturing, China Manufacturing, India High tech jobs for USA in India.

We do nothing anymore we are a DEAD Country.
              Wake up before we are history.
              oops

Comment

I have been to third world countries. I live in Los Angeles. Los Angeles is looking more and more like a third world country every day. LA was once a paradise, it is slowly becoming a hell.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
                  Yeah, but they manufacture in china.

DOUGH!!!!!!!!

Jake
                  How can I respond to that?

Ha Ha lol I can't stop laughing. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I POSTED THESE BACK INJUNNE 2002 ABOUT PLANT CLOSING One of many reasons I have purchased Ridgid tools is because of wear they were built.I will have to watch the quality and reconsider in the future.I have a Ridgid TP1300 and have been satisfied with this product to this point.I think we all know who made your company and the many other companys what they are today it's to bad they have chosen to relocate from our great country I wouldn't hold my breath for any price reduction this move is all about shareholders and corprate profits and the company getting more for their dollar not the consumer
                    JLP

Comment

Working...
                    X