X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Products Area Feedback

I've created a NEW "New Products Area", built in Flash, just like Josh's great Augerman game. This is part of an effort to jazz up the new products releases, and to keep the website as "cutting edge" as possible without alienating users.

Just a word on Flash; Flash is part of the standard install of the major browsers, and the upgrade from the Flash 4 plugin to Flash 5 takes just a few seconds. It's the leading vector-based multimedia format on the web, and it will not damage your computer to accept the plugin.

I would love to hear your suggestions, gripes, and praise (especially) for the new area. You can find it at <url> www.ridgid.com/newprods/</url>.

I think it's a good idea and would be better if you put the product list to the side and made the screen larger.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Norm:
    I've created a NEW "New Products Area", built in Flash, just like Josh's great Augerman game. This is part of an effort to jazz up the new products releases, and to keep the website as "cutting edge" as possible without alienating users.

Just a word on Flash; Flash is part of the standard install of the major browsers, and the upgrade from the Flash 4 plugin to Flash 5 takes just a few seconds. It's the leading vector-based multimedia format on the web, and it will not damage your computer to accept the plugin.

I would love to hear your suggestions, gripes, and praise (especially) for the new area. You can find it at <url> www.ridgid.com/newprods/</url>.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BILLG:
      I think it's a good idea and would be better if you put the product list to the side and made the screen larger.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill
      Take a look athttp://www.ridgid.com/newprods/index2.html and see if that's what you're suggesting. This is rough; I just threw things around so I would have to resize some stuff, but see if you like this better.

Norm

[This message has been edited by Norm (edited 03-16-2001).]

Comment

Thats much better.
        Thanks,Bill

Bill
        Take a look athttp://www.ridgid.com/newprods/index2.html and see if that's what you're suggesting. This is rough; I just threw things around so I would have to resize some stuff, but see if you like this better.

Norm

[This message has been edited by Norm (edited 03-16-2001).]
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Thats much better.
          Thanks,Bill
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be working on it some more Monday, and should be posting a revised version soon.

Comment

Bill (and everyone)

I've put up the new version of the New Products area. Take a look and see if it's an improvement. I have to say that I'm not getting much feedback on this, considering how many people have looked at it since it went up.

Comment

It's now a lot easier to read. It would be even better if the picture filled the whole screen.

Bill (and everyone)

I've put up the new version of the New Products area. Take a look and see if it's an improvement. I have to say that I'm not getting much feedback on this, considering how many people have looked at it since it went up.
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

It's now a lot easier to read. It would be even better if the picture filled the whole screen.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't blow them up because I'm concerned about load time. I made it so you don't have to load all the images and text up front, it just brings them in when you need them That meant I could use higher resolution images, but if I make them too big, it will be excruciating for folks with a slow connection. I'll test it with some different sizes and see what kind of impact it has.

By the way, what kind of internet connection are you using? Dial-up, cable modem, LAN?

Comment

Dial-up. When I said whole screen I was refering to the screen you made, not the whole computer screen.

By the way, what kind of internet connection are you using? Dial-up, cable modem, LAN?[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by BILLG (edited 03-21-2001).]

Comment

Working...
                  X