Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha get for Christmas?

Merry Christmas to all,
    So, whatcha get? huh?, huh?, whatcha get?

PS I know Christmas is a whole lot more than just getting presents, but whatcha get? huh?, huh?, whatcha get?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

I got the Ridgid 1300 Planer(Gray model) and the new(Orange) 5" ROS. Can't play with either one yet, got people coming over. Also got Woodcrafters scraper kit with scraper, file,sharpening jig, and burnishing rod. Really want to try scraping.

Comment

Awesome!!...got a 4pc 18v combo set and a 12" compound laser miter...charging now!!

Comment

I received a 3650 TS, the ridgid jointer, and today a Porter cable 693 router combo kit. So far so good!

Brew

Comment

this is what i got tell me what you guys think.
          check the link i aslo got a ridgid 12 x2 driver
          [img] http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?migration=1&image=http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/476000-476999/476428_12_full.jpg',575,431) [/img]

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/ratm1

[ 12-26-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: ratm85 ]

Comment

I got 2 DP vises, a strap wrench, laser level, and replacement planer blades. But I also found out that my son's girlfriend's father is selling a mint condition Unisaw w/52" Biese (no motor) for $250. Gonna try to get a look at it today....

Comment

Well I did it, got the 3650. Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy is it nice. Did a little bit of work this weekend and had a ball the whole time. might just go buy all sorts of wood and just start ripping. A small hint to all. Do not buy the saw, take it to your moms house, assemble it, do some work for her and then try to load the damn thing into the pickup. Took four of us to load it up. Heavy heavy heavy!!! Just wish I would have got it last wek when the big 20% sale was going on. Still got it for no payments/interest till 2005.

Comment

Hi all. I like the topic. For Christmas I got the 12 volt X2 which is a sweet drill. On another note I got the Dremel which will prove to be a real gem in the finishing department for the small jobs. I'll be getting a circ. saw after the new year which will have the 3 year which will be great as well, not the lifetime but just as good for me. I can't wait to start building picture frames and book cases and shelves of all varieties. Should be adventurous. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

Comment

Hi all,
                  Thanks for your responses so far. I retired in Feb and built a woodshop as a retirement present for myself. Almost called it a workshop, but it aint work-it's fun. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been collecting early Christmas presents since Spring. Got pretty much all the goodies, but still need a jointer, and a decent drill press. No problem, my birthday is next month. The shop is 24 x 32. The LOML still refers to it as a "garage". Isn't that cute.
                  Jones 31-
                  Glad you like the topic. I thought it would be fun. FYI: The lifetime warranty has officially been extended to 1/31/04.
                  Hope you all enjoy your new toys, I mean tools, and play safe. Remember there is no more important safety rule than to wear these, safety glasses.
                  Gee I wonder where I heard that?

[ 12-31-2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hey thanks for the warranty update. Will the extension of the warranty extend all the way down here in Toronto, Ontario Canada or is it just in the U.S. I would like to pick up the 71/4" Circ. Saw before the new year but if the warranty has been extended then I'll wait until after the new year to get it. I hope that the retirement gift brings you years of enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
                    X