X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum gets New Server

Some of you may have noticed that your old links to the forum sent you to a page that redirected you to the new location of the forum.

We moved the forum to a new server on Friday. You should notice quite a speed hike in comparison to the old server.

Please feel free to post any problems you have with the move. We tried to maintain all posts and member accounts in the move so it really shouldnt have missed a beat.

Thanks, Josh

Originally posted by Josh:
    You should notice quite a speed hike in comparison to the old server. Thanks, Josh
    Yeah, about 3 or 4 times faster. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I agree, my load speed has improved greatly. Nice job.

There is one minor glitch that I noticed. When I come into the Forums front page, the message in the bar says that I'm not logged into the Forum. However, the screen does highlight the catagories that have been active since the last time I visited. Once I go into one of the individual forums the forum recognizes me and states that I am indeed logged in.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have to second the issue about not being logged in when I used to be. Can you make this feature active again?

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

You have to log in once to the new forum from the forums front page. After this your login should be stored in a cookie on your machine. You shouldnt have to log in again after that.

Josh

Comment

Josh, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Yes, I'm logged onto the system. The forums that have had new posts since I last visited have the lightbulb highlighted like they should be. But, the message on the main page that should tell me that I'm logged in tells me that I'm not logged in. When I click on one of the sub forums, I receive a message that says I'm logged on. Everything is working as it should be except the login info message on the main page. It's no biggie but you did ask if there were any problems.

EDIT: Hows this for a twist? The situation I described above happens when I use IE. If I use Netscape, the main page recognizes me and welcomes me with open arms.

[ 08-15-2004, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X