X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Suggestions and Error Reporting

Alright... Some of you are running into some problems with the new site. Apart from The background is too white what are some suggestions you have for the site. Also if you have found any errors on the site or broken links Please Report Where You Encountered Them at. It would really help us out.

Josh

[ 09-04-2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Josh ]

I would suggest since everyone complains about the white background being too white (like paper?), then go to a suble grey (like #CCCCCC) or maybe a pale, pale yellow (like corporate annual reports use for readability).

As for the forum, my suggestion is to maybe reduce the size of the graphic above.

Michael

Comment

Josh,
      I'm glad you and Norm are listening and seem willing to help us out here.
      I'll repeat myself in saying that I feel that you guys have done a good job of formatting the new website. My one objection is the legibility, i.e. contrast in the forum entries. Personally, I liked the black/gray format in the old forum, which I feel would not be disjointed if included on the new site.
      If you want to improve the quality of the site, I would strongly encourage color photography. The colorized B&W does not give a true indication of your product, and is probably inadvertantly fueling the anxiety over the color.
      I too have found links that wind up doubling back on themselves, but assume that those are under development and will be activated when product is available.
      I want to see the owner's manuals for the new product, but you are probably holding that back for now.
      The newsletter is gone, old issues or new, but since it hasn't been updated in several months, perhaps it is going away.
      I visited the remmants of the old site last night, with all the plumbing product intact, just no woodworking tools or forum. And while I feel you had a good product then, I have become comfortable with what you have done here.

Fix the background of the forum today, get the color photos next month. You guys have done a good job. I like it.
      If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Ok.. we are going to use this forum section for testing out the new colors. So I'll change the template and you tell me if you like it or not. All I did this time was change the white over too grey. So it alternates light grey to grey. This is the only forum section that has this color scheme. Once we decide on a color set we will switch over the rest of the forum.

Please give me some feedback,

Josh

Comment

It would be nice to be able to get to this forum directly from the www.ridgid.com page instead of going thru the support link. Many people who have yet to use the forum might not be aware of it from your main page.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

We will look into that one. I agree with you it should be up front since it is of interest to almost everyone who visits.

Josh

[ 09-04-2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Josh ]

Comment

Josh

Other than the bright white I like the new format. How about a way to add pictures to our posts at a later date?
              Support Our Troops!
              www.mnpatriotguard.org
              www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Josh...looks better...can we get rid of all the white? There's too much of it...remember, we're all used to the old scheme.

Thanks for helping us see the site better. We really appreciate it!
                Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Josh, y'all could really tear the crowd up if you wanted, I reckon.

Make the forums "RIDGID Orange" alternating with white...

Dave

Comment

Looks like Josh is listening! I like the light grey/dark grey!

Easy on the eyes [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    Support Our Troops!
                    www.mnpatriotguard.org
                    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I like your light grey/grey (or is it light gray/gray?) template much better. I think you guys do a great job and must have a lot of scar tissue on your tongues from reading some of the rants and whines here. Free speech at it's best (or is that worst?). I have the TS-3612 and love it even more everytime I use it.

Comment

Here's another vote for the new background/foreground. It's easier on the eyes than the white background. Thanks for listening to us.
                        Rafael
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Josh, I just tried to fill out the application for a tool box for my 915 Groover. When I tried to input my PO Box, a message flashed on that told me I needed to input my city, then the message told me to input the state, zip code, email and would not accept any of my inputs.

Douglas Hicks
                          General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc
                          fireman@eoni.com

Comment

Working...
                          X