X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter Saw Warranty

Purchased a 10" compound miter saw today at Home Depot and the employee that helped me stated that I should laminate a copy of my receipt somewhere safe because the saw has a lifetime warranty on defects. I thought this was great but am unable to find any paperwork to back this up. His answer was that Home Depot owned Rigid and it was a new promotion of theirs.

Anyone else hear about this?

jeff

The box which the saw came in has printing for the lifetime warranty. @ of my 3 area HDs have a RIGID display that indicates a) 90 day satisfaction guaranteed warranty and b) a lifetime warranty. I didn't look but perhaps there is a tearoff (index card) stating both. Or take a photo of it! Good luck/Mh Yuleboy

Comment

thanks for the info. I did find the warranty at the Rigid websit. It said only good on saws bought last 3 months of the year. Good timing on my part.

jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jeffr:
        His answer was that Home Depot owned Rigid...
        Once that statement came out of his mouth, I think I would take anything else he said with a very large grain of salt.

Comment

Norm Bennett said:
          Once that statement came out of his mouth, I think I would take anything else he said with a very large grain of salt.

What is the relationship between HD and Ridgid?

jeff

Comment

Home Depot is a vendor for RIDGID brand tools. The relationship is more complex than that, I'm sure, but for those of us without MBAs that seems to sum it up pretty well.

Ridge Tool Company, makers of RIDGID plumbing tools, is owned by Emerson, along with companies like In-Sink-Erator and Closetmaid. You can skim through some of the woodworking posts for more details.

Comment

SAWS HAVE LIFE TIME WARRANTY TAKE THEM TO A
              SERVICE CENTER LIKE OUR WWW.JENSENEQUIPMENT.COM

Comment

Thanks Jensen.

Comment

Come'on guys. Do your homework. Go to Home Channel News, to research HD, Ridgid, Emery, and One World Technologies. Why would anyone blindly accept, that a new brand of power tool, which had to lease a name from an established company, is worth the same price as those tools being marketed by well established reputable companies. Ask yourselves where 'House Works' brand disappeared to. Where did 'Ohio Forge' go to? These were both Home Depot 'inhouse' brands, although HD didn't try to convince you that they were equivalent to the other major brands, as they are with Ridgid. Ridgid and Ryobi power tools are marketed only thru Home Depot! Kindof kills the old notion of competition doesn't it. Where do they advertise how the tool is made? What kind of bearings are used? What type of plastic is used in the housing. The extablished manufacuters all tell you this information. The Ridgid circular saw being sold at $119.00 has plane bearings (sleeves) on the output shaft. (breakdown is on this site). At least one of the major manufacturers uses fiberglass re-inforced polycarbonate for their plastic housings. This is the stuff motorcycle helmets are made from.
                  The only thing that is surprising me is that a reputable company like Ridgid allowed their name to be used on this stuff.
                  Home Depot is making big bucks on this marketing SCHEME, and plenty of people are falling for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X