X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Alert

Was wondering if anyone else has been getting the TrojanBookmaker.Gen virus from this site? Lately, everytime I log onto this site this virus tries to attack my confuser. My new updated Norton system now deletes it before it gets in but I had to buy the new software because my older Norton stuff couldn't deal with this puppy. I don't know enough about this stuff to tell if the TrojanBookmaker.Gen is a really nasty virus or not but I do enough to know that I don't want any virus hanging around.

[ 07-29-2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

I've been having a problem lately too. What did this virus do to your computer?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I'm not 100% sure if that one did it or not but I normally use IE as a home page or starting point or whatever it's called but somehow that got changed to something called about blank . My Search was also slammed into something I'd never heard of before. When I was unable to delete it or even quarantine it with my old Norton software I immediately upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2004. The new software was able to get rid of the virus immediately and, as I said in my first post, it now catches and deletes it before it can get in.

One other thing I've noticed is that the speed of this site has gone bact to a snails pace. I don't have this loading problem with other sites only this one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,
        What you had was the CoolWebSearch trojan. I got rid of it a couple weeks ago with a free program called CoolWebShredder (CWS) available here: http://www.bhccinc.biz/links.html
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
        X