X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "R" Company Is Misbehaving Again And Its Not Ridgid

You can draw your own conclusions, http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/m...es;read=222111
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Wow, after reading through all those posts and then this evening's response from Larry Stoiaken of the Wood Worker's Journal, it seems to me that he has received some poor advice or just doesn't understand how ill-received such business practices are.

I can't imagine doing a promotion for a book series, by sending out the first book free and then following it up with something that looks like an invoice... and then putting the responsibility on the public to either call or send back future mailings! No one wants to be inconvenienced in that manner.

From a legal point of view, I seem to recall quite a few years ago, that a law was put into effect that basically said any item received in the mail that was unsolicited, was automatically the property of the recipiant without further obligation of any kind. Maybe that was just here in NY. I do recall that in the early 60's this practice was done all too often and was considered fraudulent; hence the law. Maybe this is the kind of thing that the State AG should be informed of.

I don't know the connection between WWJ and Rockler, but I personally do not care for some of Rockler's business practices.

CWS

Comment

Pretty nice "free" book wouldn't ya say?

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith:
        I don't know the connection between WWJ and Rockler, but I personally do not care for some of Rockler's business practices.
        CWS
        Rockler owns WWJ.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X