X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Riged Make Their Own

hand tools or are they made by the people that make tools for other companies?
    I always like Rigid adjustable wrenches but they look an awful lot like Craftsmen models

As far as I know, Ridgid makes their own hand tools; either here in the U.S. or in Europe. They may have Asian plants, but I don't know that.

I understand that Ridgid no longer makes any of thier own woodworking power tools and that would include their power drills. About a year and a half ago, they signed an agreement with Techtronics International (Ryobi's parent company) and all of the power tools are now made in China with the Ridgid name being used under license with Emerson Electric (Rigid's parent company).

Emerson Electric has been a Sears supplier for many of the Craftsman tools. I believe that the identifier within the Sears model disignation would be "113" -xxxxx. Sears uses many manufacturers and it is not uncommon to spot a Ryobi, B&D, Bosch, etc. if you are familier with the native tool.

Comment

FWIW and just to keep the record staight, not all Ridgid power tools are made in China. Some of the hand power tools are made in Europe.

[ 07-07-2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i have had the chance to see and compare the ridgid adjustable wrenches with different brands like, crescent, channel lock, klein, stanley, irega, etc etc and so many other asian brands that are relatively new and so many "never heard of brands" in asia. the ridgid adjustable wrenches needs a total overhaul on its features, designs, and packagings as well..

Comment

Working...
        X