Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

josh, my wife is glad to hear that the new format will have spell check. she can go to bed early and not have to look over my shoulder to edit my typos.

glad it's starting at the first of the year. we should be old pros come next year.

rick and jojo.

Comment

I agree sometimes your a bit tired after work

Comment

Josh,

Sounds good. How will the ability to put .jpegs and other graphics be improved? Will we be able to upload directly from our computer as opposed to referencing a URL as we do now?

Jerry
        It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

On track for having the forum up by end of the week.

All current posts and member profiles will be migrated to the new boards so no need to reregister.

Direct upload is a feature of the new board. This will make it more difficult for us to moderate because of people posting inappropriate pics but it shouldnt change too much.

I am pretty sure everyone will be really happy with the new boards.

Josh

Comment

Hey Josh,
            How about an answer as to who won the "Ride of a Lifetime Sweepstakes"
            It seems to be a mystery to everyone I have talked to at Ridgid

Comment

Josh,

This seems like a good time and space to ask this question: What are the moderator’s roles in this forum? I know that you remove spam and inappropriate posts, but do you have the authority/ability/responsibility to represent Ridgid on issues?

Two examples. First, if there is a problem with a tool that is often mentioned in this forum (ex arbor replacement) is it your responsibility to solve it? Second, if there is a specific customer service issue related to a Ridgid product, do you have a process to solve it?

You and the other moderators do a Great job in keeping the forum "clean". I was simply wondering if the moderators should be a "go to guy" for other issues.

Thanks for updating the forum and good luck with the software installation/transition.

Chris

Comment

Currently the moderators role is to make sure everything is running smoothly in the forum and everyone is getting along. These roles may change in the near future as we plan on growing the forum as a community of Ridgid tool users. We can usually direct you to where you can get help with a problem you are having but techservices is the official place to call to get your tool issues worked out.

We will keep you updated on our roles as they change. I think the wheels are finally turning and people are taking notice of the forum. Its no longer just a post a day forum. You guys have grown it to a community that is growing at a pretty solid pace. One of the reasons for the software upgrade is to better support the community and its growth.

Ride of a lifetime winnners -- I will post them as soon as I can find out.

Josh

Comment

If you havent noticed the forum software has been upgraded. I will be putting doing some maintenance on the new forums for the next couple of days so if you find something that isnt working right please post a reply in this thread. (should have a built in spellchecker integrated soon) For now you can use the spellchecker by clicking the ABC checkmark icon in the upper right of the reply window and following the directions

Enjoy,

Josh

Comment

Looks great, Josh.
                    I believe the clock is messed up, unless you're out in the Atlantic. ;-)
                    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Ken, if you go into your profile you can change your time zone from the default of GMT to what ever time zone you want

Comment

Josh, I don't think avatars are working, looks like you can not toggle the radio button to allow avatars in the profile,
                        BTW - awesome job so far, love the WYSIWYG editor and spell check

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
                          Ken, if you go into your profile you can change your time zone from the default of GMT to what ever time zone you want
                          Thanks Wayne. I'm still looking, haven't found where to do that yet.
                          ken
                          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Ken, click the USER CP link, then click edit options, 4th panel down is date and time options

Comment

Josh, I'll second Wbrooks. The Avatars are not working
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working on avatars and attatchment uploads.

Comment

Working...
                                X