Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, Josh! Much easier to use, and easy to find new posts.

For those who haven't found them yet, there are a bunch of buttons up in the gray bar at the top of the window. "New Posts" will list all new posts since you last checked for them. This will list them all, regardless of which forum they are in. when you are done, you can simply pull down the "Quick Links" button and select "Mark All Forums Read" and you will be all caught up! Much easier to use.

Steve
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

noticed the avatars a little small. I increased the legal size up to 150x150 instead of 80x80 if you guys want to reupload your avatars.

Comment

just to test attachments....
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the effort you put into this, Josh.
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

thanks josh nice job
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by smorris
              For those who haven't found them yet, there are a bunch of buttons up in the gray bar at the top of the window. "New Posts" will list all new posts since you last checked for them. This will list them all, regardless of which forum they are in. when you are done, you can simply pull down the "Quick Links" button and select "Mark All Forums Read" and you will be all caught up! Much easier to use.
              Excellent tip Steve. I tried it and just like you said it really is easier to use. For us poor slobs still using slowpoke dial-up its also a much faster way to get through all the new posts. Thanks for sharing.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Glad I could help, Dave, and it is good to see Mr Badger back in all his glory!

Another time saver: After you get your list of new posts, you will see a small blue checkmark to the left of the thread title. Clicking this will take you directly to the first unread post, no matter what page of the thread it is on.

Even better: "right-click, open as new window" on the blue checkmark. This will open a new window, with the thread scrolled to the first unread post. You can then read the rest of the thread and close it, with your window listing new posts still open behind it, or reply and then close it. This eliminates having to constantly click back to get back to wherever you were.

(Can you tell I spend way too much time on vBulletin forums?)
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Smorris,

Thanks for the tips.

Its taking awhile to get used to the new format. I really liked the other one but nothing is static for very long. Either things change or they fade away.

It looks like the RIDGID moderators are going to be more involved with the site and thats something I view as a very good thing. So congratulations on a successful changeover.

One question, whats the chances of compensation for providing a valuable service in providing free professional advice in the forums? Not a lot, maybe a few dates with the calender girls or some other hand tools.

Just a numerical answer will suffice.

1. Highly likely
                  2. Somewhat likely
                  3. Will consider for the future
                  4. Not very likely
                  5. In your dreams pal
                  Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber
                    Smorris,

Thanks for the tips.

Its taking awhile to get used to the new format. I really liked the other one but nothing is static for very long. Either things change or they fade away.

It looks like the RIDGID moderators are going to be more involved with the site and thats something I view as a very good thing. So congratulations on a successful changeover.

One question, whats the chances of compensation for providing a valuable service in providing free professional advice in the forums? Not a lot, maybe a few dates with the calender girls or some other hand tools.

Just a numerical answer will suffice.

1. Highly likely
                    2. Somewhat likely
                    3. Will consider for the future
                    4. Not very likely
                    5. In your dreams pal
                    1,2,3,4,5 depending on what angle you take on it. You will likely see some pretty cool Customer Community related changes to the website and forum in 06 that could benefit Ridge Tool Users and Site Members. This community is valuable to Ridge Tool and is gaining more attention each year.

BTW.. a date with a calendar girl is a 5

Josh

Comment

Yes it is.
                      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

sticky thread

Josh – Doesn’t the new software allow for sticky posts? Exactly how is that done? There are several recurring topics that might be appropriate. For example, as Bob D mentions in this thread New 3650 owner, a permanent threat on assembly tips would save everyone time.

Comment

Picky, picky

Good idea. Worth considering.
                          However a thread might be more effective than a threat. Wouldn't wanna scare the newbies away.
                          Lorax
                          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax,
                            I need to remember that a spell checker shouldn't replace proof-reading.

Comment

Time on the forum

In the welcome area and on posts what time zone are you in. For example when I got on this time it said You last visited Today at 7:16 pm. I am in Raleigh, NC. Nowhere near my time.

Comment

Go to page 3

Originally posted by L Turner
                                In the welcome area and on posts what time zone are you in. For example when I got on this time it said You last visited Today at 7:16 pm. I am in Raleigh, NC. Nowhere near my time.
                                L Turner, if you go to page 3 of this thread WBrooks explains how to set your time zone!

Jerry
                                It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Working...
                                X