X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceptive marketing

The Professional power tool page shows A rebate when you buy a 4 or 3 piece kit.

Last week I went to home Depot and bought the 4 piece kit on sale figureing I would get the jigsaw and a spare battery.

Well I went to fill out the rebate form and it is not good until December 30th. I have NEVER seen an other manufacturer display a Rebate that it this point is NO good. You go out and buy the tools and use them to find out that your purchace date is NO GOOD

BAD MARKETING

You didn't mention the product or manufacturer, was it Ridgid or some other company?

I would return the tool and make the purchase within the rebate period if it still works out for you to get the best price. Home Depot is a bit strange all too often. Last year I bought a Ryobi Bandsaw during they're 20% off Christmas sale. At the same time I bought the BS901 here in NY State, they were selling the newer and better BS902 out in the west coast stores. It didn't arrive here until January. I took back my BS901 and wanted to trade up to the "902", but they wouldn't let me. So I returned the 901, was refunded, and then bought the "902" at the now, non-sale higher price. Three months later they dropped the "902" price back down to the $87! I wasn't happy, but then "let the buyer beware!"

CWS

Comment

It Was the RIGID 4 piece kit Drill, Flashlight, Reciprocating saw, and Circular saw.

Just click the Professional Power tools link on the RIGID Pages. On the MAIN professional power tools page there is a rebate, It has been there for at least 2 weeks, But it does not start until DEC 30th

I bought the 4 Piece RIGID When it was on sale 20 percent off last week. Used the tools and the rebate is NO good.

I bought the 4 piece kit instead of the 3 with the anticipation of getting an extra battery AND jigsaw. Now it is too late to go back and get the 3 piece kit for 20%off and the coupon is no good.

I just with I knew the rebat was not good befor I bought the kit I would have bought the 3 piece kit.

It is like putting ads in the paper for stuff that doesnt go on sale until 2 weeks from now.

Comment

mr1973:
        Go back to the store where you purchased the kit and get one of the special offer forms there. I grabbed one when I made my purchase at Home Depot, and the details say "...October 1, 2004 through December 31, 2004." I saw the pdf you mentioned and it is identical to the one at the store except for the dates. They must be getting ready for another special offer.
        ASergi

Comment

Working...
        X