X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWESOME MALLET

I have a dead blow mallet that is clean and I use only for assembly and such. Used to use it on my chisels, I have a craftsman set with a metal striker at the top so they can take it. I bought a set of Bahco chisels that have a wooden handle and obviously can't smack them with a hammer. They are for hand use and I know they make woodworkers mallet's for this use. I was going to buy one at rockler but then I discovered this.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all

a nice soft head, you can squeeze it with your hand yet it is solid enough to pack a punch without damaging the chisels or your work. And it can be used for assembly etc. A GREAT tool for woodworkers!
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I have a 1# dead blow I use for assembling project of soft wood (pine, cedar, etc.,) and a 3# I use for assembling projects of hard wood (oak, hickory, etc.) or when I make log furniture.

1# dead blow hammer

3# dead blow hammer

[ 06-28-2005, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: CARPENTERDON ]
    Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
    Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

I have a couple of dead blows too. The nice thing about the above mentioned mallet is that it has a soft head with a hell of a lot of give, but it still packs a huge punch. Great for those wooden handled chisels and such. My Bahco set sees my hand, this mallet and that is it!
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
      X