X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Warranty?

On Rigid's website, it show's a Lifetime Warranty, but if you click on the power tools, it only shows a 3 year warranty. Home Depot said the power tools (in my case a 14" chop saw) was covered for life. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks.

They didn't make it all that easy to find. Back on the main page for this site, you have wait for the "Latest News" to fill in and then start scrolling; then, you will see the link to the annoucement. Or, you can just go here:

http://www.ridgid.com/news/LimitedLifetimeAgreement.pdf

Bottom line is that the power and pneumatic tool have the standard 90-day satisfaction garuantee, a 3-year warranty, and now, if your register you tool and follow the instructions for registering, etc. you will have a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" which takes care of all your service and wear parts... for as long as you own them.

Not a bad deal at all, check out the link,

CWS

Comment

Thanks, CWS. I feel mo betta now!
      Bill

Comment

I just purchased a 14.4 drill from Home Depot today. They were stressing the lifetime warranty and gave me the form to send in.

After I got home I was looking at the form and noticed the offer was only good on purchases until april 14, 2005.

I checked on the Ridgid web sight and this is also stated in their info on the lifetime warranty.

Thinking of returning the drill now as the warranty was the main selling point for me.

Am I mistaken on the terms?

Comment

YOU NEED TO REGISTER THE TOOL NO LATER THAN 90 DAYS OF PURCHASE. THE INFO YOU WERE CONFUSED WITH IS PRIOR PURCHASES. TOOLS PURCHASED BETWEEN 2/1/2004 AND 4/14/05. I BELIEVE THAT AFTER THIS DATE IT WENT TO LIFETIME ANYWAYS.REGRISTRATION HAS TO BE POSTMARKED BY 8/12/05. YOU NEED A COPY OF THE STORE RECEIPT AND EITHER THE FORM OR ONLINE. YOU DON'T NEED THE UPC CODE.
          WWW.RIDGID.COM
          RICK.

[ 05-28-2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Rick.

How can you go wrong with a lifetime warranty that even covers the battery. Home Depot has a killer price on this drill right now. Might be somewhat higher than other ones but look at what comes with it.

Also got a form to send in for a free battery or flashlight. Now just have to decide which one.

Comment

YOU DON'T NEED THE UPC CODE? Could you explain this further?
              I purchased the three piece combo kit and would like to get the 14.4 impact driver (rebate) and the lifetime service agreement but each require that the upc code be sent in.

[ 05-30-2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Scottee ]

Comment

Scottie,

I called Ridgid CS shortly after they posted the new "limited lifetime service agreement" to ask them specifically about registering tools purchased prior to the April 15, 2005 date. I figured that practically no one would have kept the UPC code. The answer given to me was that the UPC code was not required as long as met all the other criteria: Register online and send in a copy of the receipt with name, address, serial number, etc.

However, I don't know if this "no need for the UPC" also applies to "NEW" tools. As mentioned by BadgerDave on your other post, the best thing for you to do is call Ridgid Customer Service and get it straight from them; that way you will be absolutely sure to meet the requirements of both the rebate and the warranty.

CWS

Comment

I took care of mine online. didn't need anything but mod# & s #. saw had already been regesterd so they already have everything else.
                  never regret growing old It\'s a privlige denied many.

Comment

Working...
                  X