X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/Dry Vac Muffler

Just purchased a Wet/Dry Vac Model WD1735 at the Home Depot. It did not come with the muffler as advertised in the list of included accessories on the website. I am wondering if this is no longer included in the package or if it was just missed.

Any thoughts?

print the web page, take it to HD and get the muffler. If they advertise it they have to provide

Comment

I have one of the Sears "mufflers" that came with one of the several vacs I have. It looks something like one of those strainers you put in the downspout hole in a gutter. It does not do much, I put an old athletic sock over it and that really seems to help. On another one I just put one of the connectors (male to male, inside connector) in the vac blowing port and put a sock on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S:
        I have one of the Sears "mufflers" that came with one of the several vacs I have. It looks something like one of those strainers you put in the downspout hole in a gutter. It does not do much, I put an old athletic sock over it and that really seems to help. On another one I just put one of the connectors (male to male, inside connector) in the vac blowing port and put a sock on it.
        so would you recommend buying one if i didn't get one with it? i was wondering how good they work. it there an appriciable difference?

caspian

Comment

They deaden that high pitched scream from the motor but as far as dB brop I would guess less than 2 dB.

Comment

I am not sure it is worth $10, I think most of us mcGuyvers here can come up with something that will do a little more for a little less ( with all respect to the fact we do not have to worry about production costs, etc). Half the thrill of tools is brainstorming/designing some modification or fixture to use with our toys.

A lot of the noise is not from the blowing port but from the cooling fan port and I would not mess with that one. I have heard of people using a section of the hose plugged in to the blow port and sticking it out a window or just away from where they are.

Comment

Working...
            X