No announcement yet.

replcaement door sweep?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • replcaement door sweep?

    Hi all,

    I have a door sweep on the bottom of my house's back door....the sweep is a piece of metal screwed into the door from *underneath*, and a vinyl U-shaped insert slides sideways onto the metal frame.

    The vinyl insert is torn up, so I need to get a new one. The problem is, I've gone to every hardware store I can find (HD, Home Hardware, etc), and all they seem to carry are generic vinyl door sweeps that screw into the bottom front or back part of the door.

    I'm sure an insert for my door sweep must be question is, are these things "door brand specific", or are they generally transferable from door to door? I found a link to something that *looks* sort of like the one I's a diagram though, not a photo, so I can't tell for sure. There's no name or identifying brand or manufacturer to go on. But if these things are relatively generic, I'd be willing to order it and give it a shot.

    Any thoughts?

  • #2
    for most standard size doors they are fear not but i do sujest that you just get one from the hard where door. i have 4 cats and they tend to tear these up quite often when they want to come inside so i replace mine 1 or 2 times a year
    9/11/01, never forget.


    • #3
      hardware store sorry
      9/11/01, never forget.