X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD is losing another good customer

HD, and therefore ridgid, loses another customer.
    I have no problem with ridgid, but since hd is there only sales channel they are also losing.
    The story is at this link:
    Home Depot's lack of customer service
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

They lose one, gain 119 in your place

Next

Comment

Ridgid tools are available through other sources besides the borg. When in my local plumbing supplier last month, they had the new tool catalogs. (nothing to do with plumbing was in them)

Although if I ever had someone tell me the towmotors were broke and saw one drive by, I'd Biatch slap him hard

Comment

well I can understand. I only go to HD for tools usually and other things of the sort. I dont go to home depot for my building supplies, I typically use contrators suppliers for such, and could not fathom trying to deal with those idiots when trying to get something complicated. Although the reason home depot has good prices is becaus they are the wal mart of builing supplies. I dont go to the wal mart electronics department and expect the cull working the counter to be able to answer a complicated electronics question! Do you? I dont go to the automotive department and expect them to answer a technical question that I would ask the guy at my great (though more expensive) local parts house! I also dont go to home depot and expect helpful cheery people! Sorry for the bad experiance, see ya,
        Jon

Comment

Ron,

Comment

Ron,
            So how's life working at home depot. Wait don't have to answer that. Home depot is a joke and is going no place but down. Go ahead and post what ever numbers you want. We here say they are a joke, contractors say the same thing if not worse, Home depot is the worst place to buy a product. Home Depot moves boxes, not sell whats in them and don't give a $%#@ whats inside either.

Next

Comment

Home Depot doesn't care. Case closed, but we don't have to either. If I ever walked by an aisle that was starting to catch fire in that place I wouldn't care about that either. Just walk right out the door.(as long as nobody was in it of course [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

Originally posted by tbutler6:
                Ron,
                So how's life working at home depot. Wait don't have to answer that. Home depot is a joke and is going no place but down. Go ahead and post what ever numbers you want. We here say they are a joke, contractors say the same thing if not worse, Home depot is the worst place to buy a product. Home Depot moves boxes, not sell whats in them and don't give a $%#@ whats inside either.

Next
                Pretty harsh and critical statement TB IMHO. If that's what you have experienced that is a shame. I can understand one's frustration when service and assistance is not what one expects. Boycott that place then if one choses. We do have choices thankfully.

I prefer small local stores if I can justify what I want or need as "near value" to a BORG. Like to support the small guy. But ____ BIG BUT ____ I am having poorer service and more frustration even there than at BORG's so it is becoming smaller percentage of what I spend by the week.

My BORG's here are not perfect. They sometimes weak in some areas - I realize p.t quality help is also very difficult to come by. Very difficult.

Given the CS and return policy if needed at HD that I have had they will continue to earn my business. Which is a lot. Based on what I have seen over the last 3 years there vs options available to me - they shall continue to get my recommendation to others also.

Comment

I hesitate to get into this since it resembles a previous thread from a few weeks ago, but I wanted to add that it is not all HD's that are bad. Just like national restaurant chains, the place is still only as good as the local or regional management team makes it. I have been in both good and bad Home Depots just like I have been in both good and bad Lowe's, Northern's, and other chains.

I think it is unfair to those employees at all of these places that are busting their humps to give good service with a smile to lump them in with the bad apples. I have encountered some very good people at bad Home Depots. It isn't their fault and they have very little control over anything but their own little slice of the department they work in. They are often more frustrated at the system than the customers they serve.

I just think that the blanket "HD's employees suck" statements are a disservice to the good people trying to get things right.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

This was the best of the 4 hd's in my area. The other 3 make this one look good.
                    ChipMaker,
                    I would go to the smaller stores around here except their cs is even worse than hd except for one store I know of. But that stores prices are actually above list price. I use them when I need their expertise and pay for it. They don't carry everything, but they know where to get it.
                    I don't want expert advice from hd. I want their employees to do their job; tell me where something is, get it if I can't reach it, cut wood(or whatever it is that they say they will cut), and most of all don't lie.
                    Again, there are some good people at hd, unfortunately they are rare.
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by spowell:
                      I hesitate to get into this since it resembles a previous thread from a few weeks ago, but I wanted to add that it is not all HD's that are bad. Just like national restaurant chains, the place is still only as good as the local or regional management team makes it. I have been in both good and bad Home Depots just like I have been in both good and bad Lowe's, Northern's, and other chains.

I think it is unfair to those employees at all of these places that are busting their humps to give good service with a smile to lump them in with the bad apples. I have encountered some very good people at bad Home Depots. It isn't their fault and they have very little control over anything but their own little slice of the department they work in. They are often more frustrated at the system than the customers they serve.

I just think that the blanket "HD's employees suck" statements are a disservice to the good people trying to get things right.

Just my $0.02.
                      I agree entirely. My experience is most try pretty dang hard. It's the few who don't seem to care that we remember, which is wrong but true. The Frustration Stories would overload any general forum they seem so common regardless of the store name.

Not saying it's involved in Rafael's case but in many it's also the people on customer side who often have these unreal lofty expectations or demands and literally dump and vent on the poor employee who wants to help but suddenly says in mind - "that's it" And it goes on day after day.

Guess we need to treasure places that we feel good about and understand this - someone else may not feel the same way about them at that.

Retail is tough sector

Comment

The thing is customer service is a large part of my job. I used to work for a bank that had a department responsible for training the retail bank staff to provide good cs. That was all they did. Every employee was required to take the training, including management. They had people posing as customers call and come in and would grade you based upon if you did what you were trained to do. It worked. The bank had very few unhappy customers, and most of them were the kind of people who bounced checks and complained when the bank wouldn't pay on the check(thieves and deadbeats).
                        The point is hd could do the same. HD has store mgrs, asst mgrs, and dept mgrs, therefore supervision is not an issue. If an employee didn't know if a customer was real or if he was being tested, he would do what was expected. After awhile good cs is a reflex. In the long run it pays to retain customers.
                        For every person like me who sends a complaint to hd, there are 100 who had bad experience but don't complain and then shop elsewhere.
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Maybe the difference Rafael is that you work in this area and understand what it should be and respect that fact. I commend you.
                          It seems to not be the norm to really do to much training per se in retail sectors (tho it should) and employee turn-over is way greater than banking industry and similar unfortunately. So the companies have to factor that into training and costs. Again-sad but true.

Nearby we have experienced turnover in some WW shops, health and early retirements in several cases. Now they have to also address this employee thing and it is not real pretty to see/hear when there either. If they stick-and customers weather storm, it may turn out okay. I witnessed many who turned and left during holiday shopping season at Rockler and Woodcraft tho and some said enough - they're done doing business there. I suspect sometime in past they may have had a negative experience that was imbedded and with the disaster they had that day they felt it was to much. Just guessing on last part here but one day really should not have driven them away for good I'd hope.
                          I would guess if we all willing to pay premium prices and be loyal - a retail store could afford to train well,pay well to keep best employees, pay high mall overhead and remain profitable and in business.
                          I also hate to think this but I believe that business model doesn't really work today. Some places and locations - sure. Everywhere - nope.
                          Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Working...
                          X