Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haven't seen this discussed before....

How effective are the little wizard metal detectors? They seem to sound too good to be true for the price. Do they work well? Also they seem to have 2 models for less than 25 bucks, one has a sensitivity adjustment, the other does not. But they are so close in price. Are they worth it? If so, is the sensitivity adjustment important? The only thing that I have ever torn up because of a piece of metal are the blades on my power hand planer. But with my thickness planer now and the pain in the a** that the knives in the JP6010 are for ME to get set, i would prefer not to have the problem.
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I have the little wizard with sensitivity adjustment and it works great. I used it to check a couple hundred board feet of old barn boards. It takes some getting used to and it's a pretty slow process, but it works. Here is a small sample of the "hardware" it found.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

VERY NICE

so they ARE worth the 20 bucks and not a waste of money

Comment

I bought a large airport type handheld metal scanner from radio shack (does not seem to be available in US) for $30 on clearance and I would not be without it now. It will find metal bits the size of a ball point pen ball on the other side of a 2" thick board, it has saved my knives many times.

Comment

I have a 15% off coupon from rockler and was looking at the little wizard. The problem is that rockler only carries the little wizard, NOT the little wizard 2 with the sensitivity adjustment.

For 3 bucks more it is worth the wait

Comment

Working...
          X