stanley parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stanley parts

i ran across an old bridgeman plane at a garage sale in very good shape. not being a collector i bought it as a good quality plane to use. needs some work to clean up and needed a few replacement parts. stanley has a hell of a website for parts, but you can not order on line. cant even order by email. needs to go snail mail. several weeks went by without my parts i finally gave them a call. my order got lost in the shuffle. did not sound like they are computerized eiter, as he could not find my order. after putting him on the spot he found it and shipped it out priority. he made it sound like it was common practice for this to happen ther. i could have ordered the same parts through sears parts...but they were almost 3X as much

i hope stanley gets with the 21st century. i am now looking for other finds and hope someday when i find another that requires parts i can get them in a timely manner

ed
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Ed, I don't entirely agree. If it means they can stay low in price, and continue to provide parts for items they discontinued a hundred years ago (not entirely exaggeration), let them stay low tech.

They used to accept phone orders. Have they stopped doing this?

Dave

Comment

not sure if they will take orders over the phone. i did not ask. and i agree with your statement to a point. but seeing as how they already have a website, (and another one under construction), i can see how they would loose money by offering a click to buy on the internet. in some ways i think it costs them more to work via snail mail because the person who takes care of this can only handle so many orders per day? maybe you are right, but it would seem to me that they would be able to make more money if they could use that same person to process more orders per day thanks to computers.especially seeing as how they already have a website in place

Comment

well so much for keeping it simple on their part. i just got a pkg in the mail today from stanley parts. they shipped me 10 cap screws and 11 cutter caps for my plane. i need to contact them and get this back to them, but i guess my point is how much has it cost them making these mistakes, with regard to shipping and the like, as well as how many did not returnt the mistakes

Comment

Working...
        X