HD "customer service"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD "customer service"

I'm sure this one has been beaten to death in these forums. But I just wanted to find out how other Home Depots customer service compares to the one where I live( which is non existent)...I dont know if they are understaffed or just that oblivious,or both.
    More than several times I have had to stop in the parking lot to help some elderly guy load some 3/4" plywood or 2x6's or whatever. Doesnt bother me its the neighborly thing to do. But thats besides the point, they didnt just buy MY product. Or, if you have nothing to do for an hour you can play, "try and find the salesperson". Not that I would need to ask some 20 year old kid with a week and a half training on technical advice and I'm not claiming to be the sharpest tack in the box. I'm going to bet having 28 yrs of doing construction qualifies me more so than them. And they're the ones giving others advice. I bet if you asked one of them where the skyhooks were located they would tell you what aisle to look in. And like I said, IF you could find one. About all i need from them is to point the direction. Anyway...I do use HD when I HAVE to..otherwise I use our local lumberyard that are more geared for contractors needs rather than DIY. I do buy most my tools from HD and most are rigid or milwaukee and porter cables. I will give them that, they carry a decent line of tools. I would just hate to be a DIY weekend warrior and depend on good solid advice or customer care. Thats my .02 worth. like I said I am just curious about other's opinions. Oh and by the way...I'm not dissin the young people that have a job at HD atleast they're working...I'm putting this one on the uppity-ups of HD...lack of training and probably dont pay enough to get qualified old construction veterans, like they ought to have.
    Y'all can ignore response to this if this subject is like beating a dead horse in here...but I feel better just venting.....Cheers!

When HD first came to us, they prided themselves on customer service. You couldn't walk two steps without tripping over someone. It was fantastic. My theory is that they got too big for their britches and it no longer became profitable for them to pay all that help. So they don't. There are two people at my local HD that i seek out when I have a question or need some advice on something. Other than that, I fly solo. Problem is menards sucks, Lowes isn't much better (and they have crappy wood), and don't even get me started on ACE. They got us. Like the crack dealer that gives their unsuspecting individual a free taste, HD wooed us with good prices and AWESOME customer service, until it was no longer cost effective. Now they got us, they stock good tools, they stock good lumber, they always have everything you need to get the job done, you just can't always find a little help or get out of there in a timely manner.
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with the management at each store. I have 6 stores that I can go to and find each to be different. They all have the same stuff but the quality, attitude, and quantity of associates seems to very greatly.

Comment

i guess Home Depot - DIY is starting to sound like: "do & find it yourself"

Comment

I agree with Wayne--it depends on the management. My local HD has so many people trying to help that you almost trip over them! Another store 100 miles away the help is almost non-existant. Fortunately, I don't usually need their technical advice--just the location of where it is in the store. (But, my local store has hired some "senior" craftsmen for key positions that seem to "know their stuff".
          Jim

Comment

If I many feed into my feedback form a similarRidgid item that day. I called riggid to find out what happened. They said I have no ridgid centars colose he told me to take it ti the homedepot, buypass the kids comimng in take your tool back to the department and find the RTV associate, if he is nit there =, ask for his managrf, If the mgr showes upand he has unhapy put him on the phone with ridgid direct

So Far I have done nothng with ridgidexcept my chop vac.

I llucked out RTV went home, manager said "just do it"

Now lthe lawt problom, the vacs erre the
            \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

i agree with J

the saying goes " you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

h. d. proves this every day!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:
                If I many feed into my feedback form a similarRidgid item that day. I called riggid to find out what happened. They said I have no ridgid centars colose he told me to take it ti the homedepot, buypass the kids comimng in take your tool back to the department and find the RTV associate, if he is nit there =, ask for his managrf, If the mgr showes upand he has unhapy put him on the phone with ridgid direct

I might be able to comment, agree, or disagree with your post Space if it was in english. I don't know what language this is but about half those letter groups don't form words in my dictionary. Your posts are usually coherent, something happened to this post, its like your somebody moved all the keys on your keyboard

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might be able to comment, agree, or disagree with your post Space if it was in english. I don't know what language this is but about half those letter groups don't form words in my dictionary. Your posts are usually coherent, something happened to this post, its like your somebody moved all the keys on your keyboard

Dont you know Bob D.?!?....Look at the posting date 8/5 ...that was Friday night. Ya know...end of the work week, Miller time, let the hair down....all that good stuff. BUT, you're right spacebluesonoma is usually right on target (from what Ive read)

Comment

Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:

I just drank a rwelve pack of *Milwaukees best* and Spaces' post made perfect sense to me......in fact I never thought of it that way.....I am deeply moved....
                    -Thirsty

Comment

I have a brand new (opened within 6 months) HD store that is out of my way but recently decided to make a trip to.

It was well lit up really bright on the inside. Completely different layout then the rest of the store in the area. There is no tool caroul (sorry for spelling), it is just two isles of tools. Take the tools and go to the register, not pay for this here etc......

The checkout service was slow, but that is cause it's not a busy store (not a lot of employees). I was there around 4pm -6pm and the other stores are booming during those times.

Over all, the people were helpful when asked something. The layout is a pleasant change. The layout change would be horrible if you were looking to run in and out, but to browse it was nice.
                      eliminate excuses and make things happen!

Comment

Working...
                      X