Ridgid Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Hammer

I have a friend of mine that is from NY. When I first met him he had this awesome ridgid hammer that was one of those new ewing designs. ( hammer shaft has this 's' type bend in it and the head is like a big wedge.

I have been looking for a ridgid hammer of this design. As they are available now , but not in a ridgid name....

I know it isnt the name brand that matters but I try to stick with ridgid since almost no one I know has even one piece of ridgid items.
    !

If its the one I think it is, I believe that Ridgid no longer has these hammers. IIRC, they came in both a rip and claw design with right and left handed models. I bought one of the right handed claw models when HD closed them out a few years ago.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

It was called the Robohammer. I don't really know why they discontinued it. It was a good desigh and we sold quite a few of them.

[ 10-14-2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Cuj0HD ]
      Jeff

Comment

Re: Ridgid Hammer

I to have one of the right handed RoboHammer's and they are indeed an awesome hammer. I have tried unsuccessfully to find any more of these to buy. If anyone out there has one for sale please let me know. It makes no sense why HD would quit selling such an awesome hammer. If this design is available under a different brand I would love to know what the name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Brand View Post
          hammer shaft has this 's' type bend in it and the head is like a big wedge

Did it look like this?

Name:  3d56bbe3b4057de536933294de9fe839.jpeg
Views: 1
Size:  1.6 KB

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
            Did it look like this?

Name:  3d56bbe3b4057de536933294de9fe839.jpeg
Views: 1
Size:  1.6 KB
            Not really but it did have a forward bend in the shaft whereas the one you pictured is backwards. Also, this thread is pushing 4 years old.

Last edited by BadgerDave; 05-16-2009, 04:19 PM. Reason: Add Picture Of Hammer
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

what's the purpose of the bend?

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                what's the purpose of the bend?

Vince
                Ever tried to nail a round downpipe pipe clip to the wall with the downpipe in the way well a curved hammer makes it a breeze.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                X