X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIMPLE TO BUILD WINE RACK PLANS

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SIMPLE FREE WINE RACK PLANS ON THE WEB?
    IF YOU\'RE WORKING HARD, YOU\'RE DOING IT WRONG

Free Plans Type in Free Wine Rack Plans and you'll find a bunch.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

THANKS BADGERDAVE, BUT ALL THE SITES RESULTING FROM YOUR SUGGESTED GOOGLE SEACH WERE UTTERLY USELESS. THEY ALL POINT TO THE SAME USELESS DIY, ET AL, SITES. JUST ONCE IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME USEFUL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE ON THIS FORUM IN REPONSE TO A POSTING. REPHRASING THE ORIGINAL POSTING, HAS ANYONE FOUND SIMPLE FREE WINE RACK PLANS ON THE NET AND ACTUALLY BUILT THE PROJECT PROM THE PLANS THEY FOUND? IF SO, A SPECIFIC HYPERLINK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comment

Sorry that my attempt at helping you find some plans wasn't up to your high standards. I probably should have known better than to even have tried after I read your signature line. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the Entitlement Generation that I've read so much about lately would you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you actualy followed BD's instructions and had a bit of patience you would find that the 4th link down on the google search would provide you with decent plans for 4 dirrerent styles of wine rack that hold between 6 and 162 bottles. What more could you possibly expect from free plans? free plans

[ 07-07-2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

BEING FAIRLY NEW TO THIS FORUM, I GET THE FEELING THAT SOME INDIVIDUALS VIEW IT AS A PRIVATE ENCLAVE WHERE ONLY THE OPINIONS OF A SELECT FEW MATTER. NO, BADGERDAVE, I DO NOT BELIEVE I AM FROM THE ENTITLEMENT GENERATION, WHATEVER THAT IS. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT TOOLS, WOODWORKING, DIY, ETC. WERE THE ORDER OF THE DAY HERE, NOT SOCIOLOGY. I'M A BABY BOOMER WHO BELIEVES IN WORKING HARD AND WORKING SMART.

THE SIGNATURE LINE OWES IT ORIGINS TO THE REALIZATION THAT IF ONE IS STRAINING AND EXERTING UNDUE PHYSICAL EFFORT TO ACCOMPLISH A TASK, THERE IS USUALY A BETTER, EASIER, SAFER WAY TO ACCOMPLISH THE SAME TASK. ONE MUST, HOWEVER, HAVE THE PATIENCE AND INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY TO STEP BACK FROM THE PROBLEM AND APPROACH IT INTELLIGENTLY RATHER THAN WITH BRUTE FORCE. I'LL REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON YOUR SIGNATURE LINE.

AS FOR WBROOKS, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THOSE "PLANS"? BETTER YET, HAVE YOU BUILT ANY OF THOSE PROJECTS FROM THOSE "PLANS"? THE "PLANS" PROVIDED BY UNIQUE PROJECTS ARE INADEQUATE. THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FOREST INDUSTRIES INSTRUCTIONS ARE LAUGHABLE. (I THOUGHT TIMBER WAS SOMETHING LUMBERJACKS USED TO YELL.) AND DOES THE EXERPT OF HAZELTON'S TV SHOW CONSTITUTE A PLAN? I THOUGHT A PLAN WOULD INCORPORATE A DIAGRAM OR A DRAWING. ON THE LAST OF THE 4 "PLANS", YES, I'LL ADMIT THAT IT WOULD BE A MARGINALLY ACCEPTABLE RACK, PROVIDED ONLY CASES OF WINE NEED TO BE STORED AND NOT INDIVIDUAL BOTTLES.

QUESTIONS IN A QUASI-TECHNICAL FORUM SHOULD BE RESPECTED AS THEY ARE REQUESTS FOR KNOWLEDGE, WHICH SHOULD BE SHARED BY ALL. TREATING THEM AS BOTHERSOME INTERRUPTIONS REVEALS THE TRUE NATURE OF THE RESPONDER.

Comment

Toolguy1000,

Man, do you have a short fuse or what? You posted your question, Dave was kind enough to answer with a pretty decent pointer and instead of a "Thanks" you slammed him with "utterly useless" and "JUST ONCE IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME USEFUL INFORMATION". Apparently you were never taught any manners. Even if the link was disappointing to you, Dave (or anyone else for that matter) didn't deserve such a remark.

Obvously you expect to get something for free and yet have absolutely no respect for anyone attempting to give you a hand. In consideration of your lack of respect for the forum, I'm surprised that you lower yourself to mix with us incompetants. Makes me wonder why a person, who is so full of his own self importance, just doesn't design his own wine rack and leave "free plans" to all of us helpless folks.

CWS

Comment

in the famous words of rodney king"can't we all just get along"and now the answer to such a question ............. NO!
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by toolguy1000:
                  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SIMPLE FREE WINE RACK PLANS ON THE WEB?
                  Is this simple enough for you?

Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lets see if I can do this right. TOOLGUY1000, THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF FREE WINE RACK PLANS ON THE INTERNET, I HAVE A HALF DOZEN MYSELF THAT I HAVE BUILT AND EVEN ONE SET THAT I DESIGNED. TOO BAD THOUGH, I WOULDN'T CONSIDER SHARING THEM WITH AN INCONSIDERATE SOB LIKE YOU. THIS FORUM IS HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE, IF THAT IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING THEN I SUGGEST YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. IN FACT I WILL HELP YOU OUT. GO TO THE WOODNET FORUMS AND POST YOUR REQUEST IN THE BASEMENT THERE. WHEN YOU GET A RESPONCE "PLEASE" GIVE THEM THE SAME REPLIES THAT YOU POSTED HERE. If he follows that suggestion I want to be there to watch.LOL
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
                      If he follows that suggestion I want to be there to watch.LOL
                      I got first dibs on the beer and popcorn concession.
                      Lorax

Comment

NO NEED FOR THE BEER AND POPCORN CONCESSION, LORAX. I BELIEVE IN LETTING SLEEPING NEANDERTHALS LIE IN THEIR CAVES.

HELLO PAPADAN. IF YOU'VE EVER LOOKED PAST THE INITIAL GOOGLE OR YAHOO SEARCH RESPONSE, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT AN AMAZING NUMBER OF REPLIES POINT TO THE SAME HALF DOZEN SET OF WHAT I WOULD LOOSELY REFER TO AS "PLANS". I GUESS I JUST EXPECTED MORE FROM THE RESIDENT AUTHORITIES ON THIS FORUM. DISSAPPOINTED AGAIN! DAMN!

Comment

YEP, WE REALLY ENJOY DISAPPOINTING NEWBIES ON THIS SITE. WE BUILD UP THIER GREAT EXPECTATIONS AND THEN SIT BACK AND LAUGH AT THEM FOR THINKING WE WOULD ACTUALLY HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH A REQUEST. JUST MAKES MY DAY WHEN SOMEONE SPENDS THIER TIME CHASING A DREAM. GO TO ROCKLER OR U-BUILD AND CHOOSE THE PLAN YOU WANT TO BUY. HAVE A NICE LIFE FOOL.
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by toolguy1000:
                            NO NEED FOR THE BEER AND POPCORN CONCESSION, LORAX. I BELIEVE IN LETTING SLEEPING NEANDERTHALS LIE IN THEIR CAVES.
                            DOES THAT MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE WINE RACK I SUGGESTED?

Lorax

Comment

LORAX,

THE NEANDERTHAL REFERRED TO WAS CERTAINLY NOT YOU. YOUR SUGGESTION WAS IDENTICAL TO ONE OF THE 1/2 DOZEN I FOUND THAT THE GOOGLE SEARCH HITS POINTED TO. WHILE IT IS ATTRACTIVE, I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING EVEN SIMPLER AND POTENTIALLY LESS EXPENSIVE WHICH WOULD HOLD AROUND 50 BOTTLES OF WINE. I FINALLY DESIGNED MY OWN. TOOK ALL OF FOUR HOURS FROM DESIGN TO COMPLETION AND USED LESS THAN A 1/2 SHEET OF PLYWOOD AND A FEW FINISHED NAILS AND BRADS. I DO, HOWEVER, THANK YOU FOR WHAT I INTERPRETTED AS A SINCERE EFFORT TO BE TRULY HELPFUL.

Comment

Working...
                              X