3612 attempt to purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3612 attempt to purchase?

I have been calling and trying to get a Ridgid 3612? I have talked to the store manager, an assistant woman manager that says she was the tool dept manager before this position, what a runaround!! If that ridiculous outfit (Home Depot) stays in business much longer I will be amazed! No one in the tool dept knew what a 3612 was, they have no Ridgid tablesaws. Now they are telling me they can't find a 3612 except floor models and they are all cannibalized for parts?? I am about to go buy a Grizzly! Oh forgot, to further customer relations, a few minutes ago was the 4th telephone call I have made with one response? I know what scrooge meant...Bah humbug!
    \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

The guy that runs the tool dept. at my local HD told me he could sell a lot more RIDGID tools but he can't get them. He wasn't exactly sure if the problem was with HD itself or if RIDGID/New Guy just don't have the inventory to ship.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Do what I had to do to get one. Call HD customer service 800 number and ask them to locate one. It took them less than 5 minutes to find one near my home. The people at the 800 number(I've called them many many times) seem to be competent.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I sent HD an email but haven't rec'd a response. (surprise surprise!) where did you find the 800 number? thanks
        \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

Customer Service number is right on their monthly statement, 800-677-0232.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

OK wasted enough time with Home Despot....called store, don't know how many times, and talked with "managers" each time, whoever you talk to when you ask for the store manager says "I am the store manager" LOL no response, I sent an email to the company and no response either....I have had enough, going to buy a Jet locally...at least I have someone responsible I can talk to..It is my personal opinion that home despot will be out of business before too long...when the individual sale and individual customer no longer mean anything, then the companies days are numbered.....so be it! Lowes...here I come!

Comment

I've always had good luck locating items by calling the customer service 800 number. You tell them your zip code and what you are looking for and they tell you what store has them in your area.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

You're better off with a Jet anyway. Hd's won't go out of business, but they will lose their market share as Lowe's expands...a much better store with better employee relations and more helpful people. Hd's doesn't pay very well and spreads the people way too thin.

The new store in Dallas (Abrams and Skillman) is full of nice folks, but surprisingly carries no large staionary shop tools...sign of things to come?

I much prefer the help I get at Lowe's, but they have no store in the White Rock area where I work a lot.
                Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Here in Denver, I prefer Lowes over HD for most wood, finishes and hardware purchases but they have a very limited tool department Roughly half of what HD has and almost nothing in serious woodworking tools or accessories like blades. We have a store called Tool King that carries top brand new and factory refurb items covering the entire range of DIY to top of the line professional equipment at very reasonable prices, they are my first choice for shop equipment. Had to go the HD for my Ridgid TS though, painful.

Comment

(Think?) I'm glad I drove 50 miles to buy my BS1400
                    when a store had a couple on the shelf.
                    have all the access now too. Probably would have gone for a Delta, though, when their local outlet had them on sale. Bought the Ridgid on the strength of a review, fit & finish, and warranty (?) Oh well.

Comment

Tool King has a huge presense on ebay for those who would like to peruse their auctions, they also have some of the best pricing in tools anywhere.
                      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Working...
                      X