X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Bad for us

It`s too bad that this company has used the lifetime warrenty thing to suck in the masses. They upset their copetition for awhile by doing this, but eventually followed suit with all the other tool makers and will now give a normal warrenty. I thought they would put all the others on notice, and start making good quality tools for a change instead of the crap that is out there today. There was a time when tools were made to last, not to throw away after a few jobs, thats our throw away society. Too bad for the consumer.

Actually Lorax, that is the Limited Lifetime Service Warranty. Priot to that, all Ridgid woodworking machines did have a full Lifetime Warranty covering defects and workmanship. That is what my machines have.

I am finding out, it's not so much what is put in words as it is as much as the company looks at your problems and takes care of you and your purchase. I will be the first to admit during the changes that this aspect of Ridgid dropped off the side of a clif. I also think they know how much of a mistake it was and are finding ways to revise and improve upon what they have now.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks Woody, my mistake [img]redface.gif[/img] Since my post was inaccurate, I have deleted it.

[ 01-21-2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax, you should have not deleted the post. Other posters that are not as up to speed as we are can learn from them. When I do research, and use forums for some sources of info, I like perticular like reading the threads like that. They seam to sink in my thick skull farther so I can remember better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I have seen so much misinformation being thrown around lately and being presented as fact, that I did not feel comfortable leaving that inaccurate post with my name on it, even though it was an honest mistake.
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what the post at the top actually says?? (Sucked in the masses??) Ridgid is a tool mfg and if they didn't market the products well, then they'd be out of business. Their warranty was the best in the business, and their new 3 year warranty is nothing to sneeze at. (still lifetime through end of month) They have made other mfgs follow suit. For example, Delta now has X-5 tools. problem is they charge up to a few hundred extra dollars for that 5 year warranty and nice sticker. Jet went so far as to give lifetime warranties on it's products.

The post also implies that they are still putting out crap. I'm not sure what to take of it since all my Ridgid purchases have been within the last year and a half, including a new drill a month ago. No crap here.

Mike <and still trying to figure out what the post actually meant>

Comment

lets give ridgid a chance to explain first..

Comment

No crap here.
                I love it.

Comment

Working...
                X