X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Ridge Tool Company

I have been purusing these message boards for almost a year and something has been bothering me. I have not seen anyone mention it so I will. Why does the blue bar on the top of my Explorer program say that this page is for the Ridge Tool Company. Is this a company I have never heard of or do the Web guys need to fix this. It has been like this for as long as I can remember and I can not believe no one has said anything. If I try to copy a link for this page it will also say this. If I were Ridgid I think I would like to clear this confusion. If I am missing something I look forward to learning something new.

Chris

RIDGID is the name of the brand. Ridge Tool Company is the name of our company. You can learn more about us at http://www.ridgid.com/about.asp .

Comment

It gets confusing for those of us who come primarily from the woodworking world, rather than the plumbing world. Norm will please correct me if I'm wrong, but Ridge Tool is the name of the plumbing tool company, where Emerson Tool is the name of the woodworking tool company, RIDGID being the brand name for both.

Dave

Comment

That's essentially correct, Dave. Emerson Tool Company produces the woodworking tools and Ridge makes just about every thing else under the RIDGID brand at this point. I hesitate to limit us to plumbing tools, because the RapidGrip wrench floating at the top of the page is made here and I think that's the kind of tool that is useful for the DIYer as well as the professional.

However, RIDGID was born in North Ridgeville, Ohio, not far from our current headquarters in Elyria. Folks at Ridge Tool aren't likely to let anybody forget that fact.

Comment

Shows the futility of trying to divide the world into two categories, "plumbing" and "woodworking", doesn't it? I'm looking at it, and it looks a lot more like a plumbing tool than a woodworking tool, to this woodworker.

Do y'all at RTC also make the RoboGrip pliers? I have a couple of those, pretty neat tool.

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X