X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid band saw extension

I am giving consideration to the purchase of a Ridgid bandsaw. Does anyone know if Ridgid's bandsaw will accept a six inch extension? I would like more than the advertised six inch resaw capacity that is standard on the BS1400. I contacted Ridgid by e-mail and the reply was a link to their parts and accessories page. I talked to the Ridgid rep today at Home Depot and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. However, he did promise to 'get back to me' after talking to a trainer - whoever they are.

Thanks,
    Tom

Riser blocks are available for the Ridgid BS. Doing a Search and using riser blocks as the keyword should yield you plenty of info. I believe that Grizzly has some riser blocks that will fit the Ridgid BS and are priced way below what Ridgid Parts is selling them for.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badgerdave,

Thank you for the suggestion re searching for riser blocks on Ridgid's site. I attempted it with no results. There is a better than even chance I did something wrong, but at least I know they are available. I will attempt to contact Ridgid parts by phone on Monday. I did a Google search for riser blocks and got some hits but have not had the chance to follow-up with those.

Tom

Comment

Tom, the Grizzly riser block will work on the Ridgid bandsaw. I have it on mine and it works great. It is part #H3051 for $57.95. The Ridgid riser costs around $130.00. Here is the link to the page.
        http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...pe=accessories

Comment

rgrady,

Thank you for the information and the link at Grizzly's web site.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X