Ridgid band saw extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid band saw extension

I am giving consideration to the purchase of a Ridgid bandsaw. Does anyone know if Ridgid's bandsaw will accept a six inch extension? I would like more than the advertised six inch resaw capacity that is standard on the BS1400. I contacted Ridgid by e-mail and the reply was a link to their parts and accessories page. I talked to the Ridgid rep today at Home Depot and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. However, he did promise to 'get back to me' after talking to a trainer - whoever they are.

Thanks,
    Tom

Riser blocks are available for the Ridgid BS. Doing a Search and using riser blocks as the keyword should yield you plenty of info. I believe that Grizzly has some riser blocks that will fit the Ridgid BS and are priced way below what Ridgid Parts is selling them for.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Badgerdave,

Thank you for the suggestion re searching for riser blocks on Ridgid's site. I attempted it with no results. There is a better than even chance I did something wrong, but at least I know they are available. I will attempt to contact Ridgid parts by phone on Monday. I did a Google search for riser blocks and got some hits but have not had the chance to follow-up with those.

Tom

Comment

Tom, the Grizzly riser block will work on the Ridgid bandsaw. I have it on mine and it works great. It is part #H3051 for $57.95. The Ridgid riser costs around $130.00. Here is the link to the page.
        http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...pe=accessories

Comment

rgrady,

Thank you for the information and the link at Grizzly's web site.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X