Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUST BAG on my 12" sliding compound miter saw

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I just purchased a 12" Ridgid sliding compound miter saw (model MS1290LZ). The dust bag does not collect the saw dust. Everything about the saw seems to be operating fine, but the saw dust gets tossed straight back from the blade instead of up into the dust bag. I even took the bag assembly off and still the dust went flying straight back instead of up the throat of the dust bag collector shaft.

Wallyworld
    Wallyworld

Unfortunately, poor dust collection and miter saws go pretty much hand in hand. This problem is certainly not unique to Ridgid saws either. I have the dust port on my miter saw hooked up to my shop vac but it still only captures maybe 70% of the dust. A dust hood is another route you might consider.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Wow. Do the sliders use a different chute? I've got a MS 1250 and it does a very fine job of collecting dust, with just the bag I'd say it catches probably 80%, and with my DC or shop vac hooked up I'd say well over 90% of the dust.
      I can work on that thing for hours and only have a light dusting on the back of the table to deal with when I'm done. What gives?

Comment

Working...
      X