member rating???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• member rating???

what is a member rating what does it mean if you dont have a good one or none at all? how do you get one? and once you get one does it change?
    9/11/01, never forget.

There is a button with a choice or level of 1-5 stars in your public profile. you probably cant see your own. It is used to rate someone based on thier help to you on the forum. A lot of help give em 5 stars little help give em one star. A lot of people have the ratings turned off so noone can rate them. don't make much difference to me.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Probably the dumbest feature of this entire BB is the member rating system. Pay no attention to them because, in the vast majority of cases, they don't mean squat anyway. Does anyone else find it odd that many first time posters have already received a 5 star rating when their first post appears? Self-rating?
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Yep, dont mean much. Just checked mine and in 600+ posts I have a grand total of 5 votes

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks:
          Yep, dont mean much. Just checked mine and in 600+ posts I have a grand total of 5 votes
          You just had a 20% jump in response to your note!

Comment

SEEMS MORE LIKE A POPULARITY CONTEST THAN A TRUE RATING OF ONES KNOWLEDGE. YOU CAN GIVE ALL THE BEST ADVICE TO HELP ONE OUT, BUT CHALLENGE ONE PERSON AND THEY RATE YOU LOW TO "PUNISH" YOU. MORE POLITICS THAN ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF ONES TRADE.
            RICK.

Comment

Actually, I use it mostly to rate avatars. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I just checked, and I have three votes with an average of a (1) star rating. Hell, I'm suprised I rated that high. As a matter of fact, I see it as a great achievement. Thanks to my three supporters.
                the dog

Comment

Working...
                X