4 Piece 18V combo kit sale at Home Depot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Piece 18V combo kit sale at Home Depot

Hey, I was just at the Home Depot and I saw that the 4 piece 18V combo kits were marked down to $399. Should I jump on this deal or does this mean that something really good (as in a better offer or updated products) are coming out? I have the 4 piece ryobi kit right now and like it, but my friend always borrows the tools from me. The ryobi's are good for my type of work, but I'm beginning to do more and more house work to the point where an upgrade sounds pretty good.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think!

Thanks,
    ghost

I'D PICK IT UP. YOU GET 90 DAYS TO RETURN STUFF TO HD, JUST HANG ONTO THE RECEIPT OR MAKE SURE TO PAY FOR IT WITH A HD CHARGE ACCOUNT. I'M ASSUMING THE COMBO KIT YOU ARE CONSIDERING IS THE RIDGID. HAVING SOME EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH RIDGID AND RYOBI PORTABLE POWER TOOLS, UNLESS YOU ARE MORE THAN AN AVERAGE DIY GUY, THE RIDGID MIGHT BE LIKE USING A HOWITZER TO HUNT FLEAS. FROM CONVERTING A BASEMENT TO A FAMILY ROOM WITH POWDER ROOM AND LAUNDRY ROOM, BUILDING A DECK AND REMODELLING A KITCHEN, MY 17 YEAR OLD SON'S 14.4 RYOBI COMBO KIT PERFORMED ADMIRABLY. JUST EVALUATE WHAT YOU NEED AND BUY THE TOOL THAT MEETS THAT NEED.
    IF YOU\'RE WORKING HARD, YOU\'RE DOING IT WRONG

Comment

I actually do use my tools way more than I used to. I built a new laundry room, put up a roof, reinforced my garage, etc. All fun work, but I can feel some loss of power after a few years from my ryobis. That's why I'm interested in upgrading to this Ridgid combo kit.

I was going to wait til Christmas because I see there is always some type of promotion going on at that time, but for $399 for this 4pc kit, do you think this is a good enough deal? I would have liked to have gotten that fee jigsaw deal for instance.

Oh the last question I have is this. I guess there's that whole lifetime warranty thing now, even on batteries. But after so many years, don't you think they will either ditch the 18V batteries or make them in a way in which they wouldn't fit onto the older tools? What would happen in this instance?

Thanks,
      ghost

Comment

Nice deal...

I just got the four piece combo with a third battery for $399 at HD. R9221 model#. If I would have grabbed the R922 box I would have only gotten two batteries for the same price!
        Nice deal!

Comment

Working...
        X