X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" compound miter slide

Maybe its just me but, when I buy a tool I need to be able to see the tool and touch the tool before I can make a choice. I contacted Ridgid on the 14th of March to inquire about the topic tool. I was a dissapointed that they said that I could only special order the tool from HD. I have been to three states looking for the topic tool and with no luck. I really don't understand how a purchase of this expence cold be done without a visual inspection. RL

RL,

I understand your frustration and realize that a tool this significant requires a hand-on purchase. Unfortunately we are still in the middle of rolling out this saw. This means that while we are trying to get units into stores as quickly as possible, some regions of the country will get the saw in stock before others. It should be rolled out nationally very soon.

Jake

Comment

Thank you Jake. Yes I do understand that new products do take time in getting out to stores. With the jist of the conversation with the gal at Ridgid was it is a special order only. Now hearing your response I can now look forward to see it soon. Thanks RL

Comment

RL,

I was working downstate yesterday, and stopped in the HD down there needing something. Passing the tool isle I noticed the MS1290 on the MS-UV displayed right in front of all the Ridgid's displays.

WOW ...WOW ...All I can say is WOW ! Wait to you get to see it and feel it over. This thing is so much better in person than the photo's on Ridgid's site. I want one, but cash just isn't there.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

UO_Woody

Thanks for responding and letting me know that they are getting out on the shelfs. You by chance did'nt notice the price did ya. Ridgid could not give a price on the unit. RL

Comment

Yes, I eyed the price well and imbedded it into my memory bank (small as it is).
            $549.00.
            Only 548.00 plus tax to save until I have one!
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

WENT TO HD HERE TO SEE THE MS1290. SAW SOME BOXES OF IT, NO DISPLAY, NO PRICE, NO INFO. SO I GUESS THE RIDGID REP FOR LONG ISLAND DOESNT GO TO HD AROUND HERE BECAUSE THE ONLY RIDGID TOOLS I SEE IN HD IN COMMACK, NY ARE A FEW PIPE CUTTERS AND PIPE WRENCHES, FORGET ABOUT THE WOODWORKING TOOLS.

Comment

The MS1290 must soon be available in Canada!?! At the local HD they have set up the Rigid cordless tool display and the poster display includes the laser equipped line of 10 inch, 12 inch CMS as well as the 12 inch SCMS. I actually got the tool dock super to promise to ask the Rigid sales people when the SCMS will be available. If it doesnt materialize soon, I going to seriously look at Makitas LS1013. Any other Canucks out there who have heard anything on availability of the new SCMS in Canada. A guy can only be patient for so long!
                Chris Berg

Comment

Hey Canadian shoppers!

While a Canadian Rigid technician had good news re. the availability of the TS3650 before Christmas, it is NOT SO GOOD NEWS for the release date for the SCMS1290! I was told today that the SCMS will not debut for sale at Canadian HDs until after the first half of NEXT YEAR!!!! Estimated price is supposed to be $850-870 CDN. Im in Southern Ontario and the closest HD in the USA would be in Buffalo. Have any of you folks seen the SCMS in Buffalo? What about Detroit? If so, I may be planning a week long stay in the US for business purposes and driving back thru Buffalo or Detroit. It might be a good idea for me to get one in either of these two cities.
                  Chris Berg

Comment

The tool bin super at the Orangeville Ontario HD showed me the delivery notification for the October 14th and October 19th tool shipment to this store ...and ...YES...FINALLY...it includes the SCMS 1290 slider saw!!! Two weeks ago they said it wouldnt be here till next year. This will be the laser sighted model so there wont be any deals like there was on the first generation or older color models.

List price is $799 CDN. No word yet if there will be a bonus MSUV offered. Although, with tomorrows start of the 10 % off promo when you bring in an old power tool, the price will be about $719 CDN!

Im gonna get me one of these!!!
                    Chris Berg

Comment

Working...
                    X